No announcement yet.

Washing machine quality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old school speed queen is the way our salesman steered us. No fancy electronics to crap out in a couple of years and he also stressed that the gearbox is still metal and not all plastic like most of the newer ones. Ours has been in service for 3 years now and not a hiccup at all.

Comment

Go find some speed queens from 2017 or older. You won’t be disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by WTX View Post
        Another vote for Speed Queen, backed by a 10 year warranty.

We bought a pair months back and they are great.............

Comment

TBH brothers and sisters are some great people

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
            Go get a old school non-high efficiency machine. Learned that lesson for good about 3 years ago.
            This. The new ones suck.

Comment

Stay out of the College football thread and your clothes will stay cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by HFD38 View Post
                Speed Queen. A friend of mine owns an appliance store and sells all brands, when I called and asked him which one to buy he said Speed Queen hands down. Owned one for 5 years now and never had a problem.
                Speed Queen quality has now suffered as well. Dunno if it’s due to EPA or what. But it seems over the last two or three years changes were made to SQ design. As a result the washing machines don’t get dirty clothes as clean as once did.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  Go get a old school non-high efficiency machine. Learned that lesson for good about 3 years ago.
                  x2.

I got a matching Whirlpool set from 2005 that my parents gave me when I moved out at 18. They've gone through hell, but keep on trucking. The main filler hose busted on the washer. Replaced it with a radiator hose from O'reilly's, and had to bypass the safety latch at the control board. Other than that, both of em have been working great since 2005. They don't make them like they use to.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                    Stay out of the College football thread and your clothes will stay cleaner.
                    Where's the fun in that. Its a blast getting Bob twisted up.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      Where's the fun in that. Its a blast getting Bob twisted up.
                      New user name, TwistedBoB.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        New user name, TwistedBoB.
                        Haha. I probably need to stop, Im positive he hates me.

Comment

Good luck
                          Obama ruined everything

Comment

I bought my wife an "Old School" washer. She said no way she was going to wash my clothes on a washboard. I guess I went too Old School!

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                              I bought my wife an "Old School" washer. She said no way she was going to wash my clothes on a washboard. I guess I went too Old School!
                              Ms Shelly said "Uh no"

Comment

we have whirlpool, fewest dials possible. That is hw I want then, less to go wrong. Dryer is 12 years old and washer is approaching 18. I have worked on both of them a couple times, but they are still going

Comment

Working...
                                X