Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cohibas

Comment

If any of you have a FB account, PM me. I am now part of a FB cigar group that reminds me a great deal of the GS but for cigars!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385599708.083030.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	24267994Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385599719.583590.jpg
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	24267995
        Hope everybody has a good thanksgiving

Comment

It's been a great day for cigars, friends and family! I started the day with a Padron Londres Maduro with a year of age, my usual morning smoke. I followed it up with a San Cristobal Fabuloso before lunch, then a 601 Green label and now a Padron 1926#1 Maduro.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

I'm going to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in about 10 days. I hear that the Dominicans make really good cigars with tobacco grown from Cuban seed. I would love to hear some suggestions for some mild to REALLY mild cigars to buy. Thanks, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
              I'm going to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in about 10 days. I hear that the Dominicans make really good cigars with tobacco grown from Cuban seed. I would love to hear some suggestions for some mild to REALLY mild cigars to buy. Thanks, guys.
              You can buy any major label cigars from Dominican here.

The climate and soil conditions in the Dominican are fantastic for tobacco growing.

Look at local makers, there are quite a few down there. My folks went a few years back, and they brought me back several. Most of them came from small one or two person operations where someone was blending and rolling them in a shop just off thr sidewalk. Some were really amazing, and some were OK, but even the worst ones were as good or better than what most of the major labels sell every day.

They also went to a plantation, and a factory while they were down there. Said it was a neat tour.

I'm envious of your trip, have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                You can buy any major label cigars from Dominican here.

The climate and soil conditions in the Dominican are fantastic for tobacco growing.

Look at local makers, there are quite a few down there. My folks went a few years back, and they brought me back several. Most of them came from small one or two person operations where someone was blending and rolling them in a shop just off thr sidewalk. Some were really amazing, and some were OK, but even the worst ones were as good or better than what most of the major labels sell every day.

They also went to a plantation, and a factory while they were down there. Said it was a neat tour.

I'm envious of your trip, have fun!
                Thanks, Jason. We're staying at the Hard Rock up the coast from PC, I'll ask a concierge some questions about it when we get there.

Comment

Ready for my "weekend" to start in 3 hours and I could oh so use these!!!

Comment

Here's a couple pics from the past week or so...

Comment

Just got my local shop all setup as a Cigar For Warriors donation center!

Comment

That's cool man haven't seen that before.

Comment

Very Cool. Never heard of Cigars for Warriors, reading on it now.

Edit- there is not a donation center within 100 miles of Houston. PM Sent
                          Last edited by TexasBob; 12-04-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Nicely done BH!

There is a donation box for the soldiers at one of the local shops, I usually toss a few of the house sticks in there when I make it to the shop for our folks in uniform (Rocky Patel makes them, or at least used to, I haven't asked in a while). I'm not sure if it is the same organization or not. The shop has a few letters of thanks on the wall from soldiers enjoying the cigars. Pretty darn cool.

Comment

Grabbed a Arturo Fuente "Work of Art" from the Hemingway series out of the humidor on the way out the door this morning for the ride home in Houston traffic today... It saves lives when I have good stoagie to rid off the road rage

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386468029.746566.jpg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	24269606Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386468040.021083.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	24269607Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386468055.243166.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	24269608
                                Not bad for a cool Saturday nite on the front porch

Comment

Working...
                                X