Colorado River Rock: Sealant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed a bunch of Colorado River Rock in my front flowerbeds and back by my pool. It looks good but I really like the way the colors are when it’s wet. Is there a sealant or something I can put on them that’ll make the colors pop like they do when it’s wet?
    Thanks!

Behr makes a product called Wet Look Sealer.

Comment

Sparks Stone Glamour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks y’all. I should add, I need something that UV stable and can be applied using a pump sprayer.

Comment

Wait until all is dry before you make a decision on the color.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
            Wait until all is dry before you make a decision on the color.
            I bought and installed all of it so I’ve seen it all gray (covered in dirt), rinsed and dried and wet. I like the wet look the best by far. All the different colors aren’t very contrasting unless it’s wet.

Comment

Dale is right on with sparks products. It is very inexpensive compared to other products, easy to apply, and lasts a long time. Stone Glamour would be good, but their Sigma seal is designed to hold up to salt spray and uv exposure. Made locally (Colleyville) by good folks

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
                Dale is right on with sparks products. It is very inexpensive compared to other products, easy to apply, and lasts a long time. Stone Glamour would be good, but their Sigma seal is designed to hold up to salt spray and uv exposure. Made locally (Colleyville) by good folks
                It doesn’t say on their site but will the Sigma give the rocks a wet look or is it a flat finish?
                Thanks.

Comment

I’d love to see some before (dry) and after (“wet look” sealant applied) pictures when you’re finished, if you’re amenable. I am currently working with a landscaper who is recommending the use of large Colorado river rock on an architectural feature and, currently, I’m leaning against it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    I’d love to see some before (dry) and after (“wet look” sealant applied) pictures when you’re finished, if you’re amenable. I am currently working with a landscaper who is recommending the use of large Colorado river rock on an architectural feature and, currently, I’m leaning against it.
                    I’ll post pics when I get it done.

Comment

Tagged....I will be needing to seal our outdoor kitchen countertops made of 2" Oklahoma stone. Not sure I want a true wet look really. Definitely don't want "shiny wet". My main concern is to seal it and protect it from stains.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                        It doesn’t say on their site but will the Sigma give the rocks a wet look or is it a flat finish?
                        Thanks.
                        It will give you the wet look

Comment

Working...
                        X