No announcement yet.

2021 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're holding tryouts for 10U and 11U teams next month. If anyone in the Round Rock area is interested in playing come on out.

Comment

looks like both my boys will be in grapevine this weekend playing in the NCS tourney...11u-Hambliln and 13u-Nowell

Comment

Dale, Just now saw this regarding Gulf Shores. Don't be concerned that you don't stack up to what shows up there. It is a massive pool of teams and the first 2-4 games are seeding pool play and then grouped into 4 divisions to better suit your team's skills and level of play.

We have been 3 times between two boys and it has always been fun, aside from rain outs and all dirt infields, lol. We had a salty team from two states and didn't make the top tier of 10 or so teams. We won the second grouping. It was a great trip each time.

Spend some time on VRBO and look around. There is plenty to do, just message me for other information. Just be advised that the field are 80% dirt, also, gate fee is expensive, like $40 per day per person and $125-150 for the week pass, be prepared for that sticker shock, lol. Bring a tent and weights to stake it down too, no shade at the complexes that we played.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Dale, Just now saw this regarding Gulf Shores. Don't be concerned that you don't stack up to what shows up there. It is a massive pool of teams and the first 2-4 games are seeding pool play and then grouped into 4 divisions to better suit your team's skills and level of play.

We have been 3 times between two boys and it has always been fun, aside from rain outs and all dirt infields, lol. We had a salty team from two states and didn't make the top tier of 10 or so teams. We won the second grouping. It was a great trip each time.

Spend some time on VRBO and look around. There is plenty to do, just message me for other information. Just be advised that the field are 80% dirt, also, gate fee is expensive, like $40 per day per person and $125-150 for the week pass, be prepared for that sticker shock, lol. Bring a tent and weights to stake it down too, no shade at the complexes that we played.
          Quality info, thank you sir! The girls got some condos rented, not what we really wanted but I'm fine pretty much anywhere.

We are in Jacksboro this weekend looking for a gold ring after a couple silvers. Good luck to everyone taking the field this weekend.

Comment

Enjoy guys. Now enough about you guys lets see some kids and action pics.

Comment

I kinda quit taking pictures, but these are from a couple videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to see some of the regulars still keeping at it!

Good luck to all yall.

Comment

Glen, I wish I had some pictures, lol. My son is redshirted this year, which is great for him. It was discussed in December, with Covid and the expanded roster, and allowing the return of seniors/graduates, it only made sense. They have 8 Senior starters that returned to play the "Covid Season" over. He's got a 24 year old playing in front of him, lol. He does love it though and gets a lot of fishing time in too.

I am relegated to watching the neighborhood kids at the local ball park for my fix, lol.

Comment

I'll try to get some of Logan this weekend.

Here is Brock with a double from last tourney...

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang that looks short rubber to home!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        Dang that looks short rubber to home!
                        yeah it does in the pics for sure, they are at 54ft, we played a 60/90 14u tourney a while back and you could definitely tell the difference, especially with the bases. home to 2nd looked like it was a mile lol

Comment

Looks like we’re in the 10U division this weekend. Should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

11u oilers went 1-1 on saturday and then ran into a buzz saw of a pitcher early yesterday morning and perfect game'd lol. we had 12 at bats, struck out 11 times, no walks. logan is still figuring it out at the plate, but his defense in CF has been great.

13u oilers were 2-0 on saturday and went 2-1 yesterday, losing the championship late last night to a really good stix team. brock swung it well, solid D at 2nd and 3rd, and pitched 3.2 strong innings in game 1 yesterday, started petering out in the 4th but it was good to see him back out there and throwing it.

Comment

We went 1-2 with both losses by one run, and the win was a 6-0 shutout...weird weekend.

Brady is really seeing the ball well, hitting over .600, and playing great short stop. He struggled to find the zone in the 1st yesterday and got garbage defense behind him. We got back in the game and took the lead, and he made the play at SS to get us out of it and the 1st baseman dropped a perfect throw (again). Onward...

Comment

My boy plays 9u, and we had been playing in Shiner. We haven't heard a word from the Shiner folks this year (multiple calls, texts, with no response). We played an Easter tournament at Dripping Springs and came in second. We are looking at traveling to College Station for some games. The kids are having fun and enjoying the fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X