Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
      How many feet are you doing?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ttt

Comment

Figure an 1 hr per weld x hourly rate.......1.5hrs if you're drinking.

Comment

I know project engineers will sometimes figure a certain $ figure for each weld, (ex. 1 5/8 saddle cut/weld). Then they simply multiply by the number of welds. I have no idea what that figure would be, but you don't want to cut yourself short.

Then they also add a certain % in case there are errors and they definitely don't want to underbid.

Comment

I think alot of it depends on how good you are with a torch, tape measure and welder. Id say if you pretty handy with them you could do 6 to 8 runners an hour and I'd charge by the hour on this job. Doing some quick math thats around 26 hours of work at 6 runners an hour. Id charge $70 a hour for it and thats working, not kicking your feet up and relaxing on the job. Id give him a bid at $70 a hour and say it should take 25-28 hours to do the job.

Comment

$5 per welded inch to cut and weld. 1 5/8” you’re looking at close to $29.50 per welded side

Comment

Originally posted by jmcampbell View Post
                  $5 per welded inch to cut and weld. 1 5/8” you’re looking at close to $29.50 per welded side

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
                  I think alot of it depends on how good you are with a torch, tape measure and welder. Id say if you pretty handy with them you could do 6 to 8 runners an hour and I'd charge by the hour on this job. Doing some quick math thats around 26 hours of work at 6 runners an hour. Id charge $70 a hour for it and thats working, not kicking your feet up and relaxing on the job. Id give him a bid at $70 a hour and say it should take 25-28 hours to do the job.

Thanks fellas! Great feedback GS, keep em coming

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                    Thanks fellas! Great feedback GS, keep em coming

Just remember you will be welding from your knees and laying down 90% of the time. That adds a lot to the cost!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmcampbell View Post
                      Just remember you will be welding from your knees and laying down 90% of the time. That adds a lot to the cost!!
                      My thoughts exactly. I don't think I need money bad enough

Comment

cattle panels cut in 1/2 sound cheaper in my mind

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                          This. I didn’t understand running to strings of pipe to “slow the dogs down”. I had a pointer years ago and he loved to run. I bought a pair of “compensator balls” (I think that’s what they called them) and clipped em on his collar. When he took off those heavy balls literally beat the tar outta him.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post

Million dollar homes and cattle panels don’t mesh well lol

Comment

I'm a fence contractor, based of your information I'd be at $5500 to $6000. Not painted.

As far as saddles make one mark around your pipe at the belly of your saddle. Then make another 1/2" higher, mark the top of your pipe and the bottom. From the center at your bottom mark cut to the left and right side of your top mark. Basically a V. That will pretty well get your saddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubb View Post
                                I'm a fence contractor, based of your information I'd be at $5500 to $6000. Not painted.

As far as saddles make one mark around your pipe at the belly of your saddle. Then make another 1/2" higher, mark the top of your pipe and the bottom. From the center at your bottom mark cut to the left and right side of your top mark. Basically a V. That will pretty well get your saddle.

Thank you sir

Comment

Working...
                                X