Rubber boot sole repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber boot sole repair

Well my lacrosse alpha burly soles came off this week and I would really like to reattach them, the boots are still in really good shape. Anybody have any recommendations on what will work?
    Thanks

Comment

I would honestly just buy a new pair and be done with it

Comment

Shoe Goop. You can get it at CVS.

Comment

Same boots, same problem. Lots of JB weld has worked for 2 years now.

Comment

Perow, had the same deal on a pair of Lacrosse I had. Tried shoe goop, then silicone, 3M adhesive, and couldn’t ever get anything to hold for very long. And that is cleaning both surfaces to be glued VERY thoroughly, and then taping sole to boot while it cured. Am surprised JB weld held for Rex, unless he’s using something other than “original” cuz when it cures it’s not overly pliable. Cuz the sole of your boot is bending and flexing the whole time your foot is in em. Good luck brother! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

And I get where you’re coming from... perfectly good waterproof upper, good soles, and still useless!

Comment

I bet Phil Swift sells something, I would call a Lacrosse rep and maybe they will give you a smoking deal on a new pair.

Comment

My lacrosse boots did this too after about 12 uses. I used some roofing silicone and it has held so far.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I used clear Gorilla glue on mine and still holding.

Comment

Shoe glue at Walmart in a white tube.

Comment

I've tossed other boots that came apart like that. I prefer not to be out in the middle of nowhere without a sole.

Comment

Contact cement!

Comment

Have you tried Flex Glue? Might work!

Comment

Shoe Goo fixed mine. I cleaned both soles and boot uppers with alcohol and used a wire wheel lightly on both to "rough em up a bit". Plus that removed the old glue residue some... Put the shoe goo on and made sure I covered the boot surface 100%. Stuck 'em together and tightly taped them together for a couple days... Been using the repaired pair heavily for a couple years now around the farm... I admit though that I don't use them for hunting any longer. I will not buy those sneaker shoe style rubber boots of any brand again. They ALL do the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X