Quiet down sliding windows on The Blynd blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet down sliding windows on The Blynd blinds

I've had a couple for many years, and they are great, long lasting, tough blinds. But one thing that has driven me crazy over the years is how much noise the windows make when opening and closing. Anybody got any tips on how to quiet them down some?

Not familiar with the Blynd windows but can you replace them with Deerview? I have deerview in a couple blinds and they are extremely quiet.

Comment

Silicone spray. Possibly even PAM spray that you cook with. Silicone would last longer.

Comment

Just prior to the opening of the season I remove the windows and spray the window channels and all of the windows down with windex. I’ll use a screwdriver and a rag to make sure the channels are clean. I then spray the channels with silicone spray lubrication and reinstall the windows. I think it helps a little bit but I always open the windows before entering the blynd - I have dark curtains on each window.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

I just waxed all the tracks on my stands 2 weeks ago. Do it a few times a year. Knew it was time when a hog heard me slide a window open.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
            I just waxed all the tracks on my stands 2 weeks ago. Do it a few times a year. Knew it was time when a hog heard me slide a window open.
            That’s what I use to do. Simple candle will work.

Comment

Thanks for the tips everyone. Will try the silicone spray and maybe wax next.

Comment

Working...
              X