No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys i just left granger,putin up my tree stand and let me tell yall it was crazy busy at a few places
    good luck guys maybe ill see ya tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by TX_bowhunter37 View Post
      I am getting ready for my first hog hunt pretty excited
      aim low brother..good luck

Comment

Getting ready to hit the PC

Comment

good hunting
          Last edited by unionmade482; 02-02-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
            what secret this
            i can look at this pic and tell where your blind is, we call it the florida point, mouth of the river!!! good luck, i kill alot of pigs in those old willows, but only when the blood weeds are high right in between.......hope no jerks screw with your setup....looks good.. my only other guess would be the sore finger!!!good luck...

Comment

some chick i found lol and view from tree stand
              Attached Files

Comment

any one get some thing

Comment

Finally made it out today after a month break since the whitetail hunt got wrapped up. Took my chances at Willis creek and found nothing but lots of old sign. Ran into one of the locals at the park and he said they moved out of that area about 2 months ago :-/. I was hoping being at the opposite end of the lake from everyone would give me better odds, no such luck. Trying a new spot up the river a little way. See some fresh sign here so we will see.

On a side note I once again had a really good experience with one of the guys that owns property right off the WMA. I've heard some people say otherwise, but every one of them I've met has been super nice and helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
                    Finally made it out today after a month break since the whitetail hunt got wrapped up. Took my chances at Willis creek and found nothing but lots of old sign. Ran into one of the locals at the park and he said they moved out of that area about 2 months ago :-/. I was hoping being at the opposite end of the lake from everyone would give me better odds, no such luck. Trying a new spot up the river a little way. See some fresh sign here so we will see.

On a side note I once again had a really good experience with one of the guys that owns property right off the WMA. I've heard some people say otherwise, but every one of them I've met has been super nice and helpful.
                    cool,its good to hear about the property owners,,did see you happen to see a park ranger to?i talk to one this mourning around area 6

Comment

No I'd imagine they are up river more by where you're talking about. I haven't gone that far up. I bet with the bass fishing about to take off they will be out a lot along with the GW. Good time to be legal!

There is a gate attendant over here that harasses me every time I come though and I'm about fed up with him. I've been nothing but extremely nice and polite to him so I don't know what his deal is. I'm fixing to try to figure out if I can file a complaint or something.

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
                        some chick i found lol and view from tree stand
                        if this is a view from your stand i hope you took it with you or locked it really good, i know where your at and your too out in the open, everyone will be able to see your stand, people steal stands like crazy at granger, looks like your down from the horsebarn by the mouth of the river.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                          if this is a view from your stand i hope you took it with you or locked it really good, i know where your at and your too out in the open, everyone will be able to see your stand, people steal stands like crazy at granger, looks like your down from the horsebarn by the mouth of the river.
                          not really at the mouth but rear the water but i did lock it all up and ill be out in it first think in the mourning..thanks for the heads up

Comment

any killers today

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
                              any killers today
                              Be out in the am.so your hunting six hard.we were going to check out six tomorrow maybe we will push something your way if your out tomorrow

Comment

Hunted with two new blood brothers today. Had a great hunt "off of 6" and drew blood. Complete pass through watched it run away with my arrow sticking out near its a-hole. It was with a group that was moving through the blood weeds and started coming at me with only an angling toward shot available we tracked it a long ways and lost blood. Great hunt. Wish I woulda found it but lots of piogs between 5 and 6. Go hunt'em!!

Comment

Working...
                                X