SCOTUS, EPA, Tier IV emissions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCOTUS, EPA, Tier IV emissions?

Does the scotus ruling today change the EPA’s 2004 tier iv emissions rule?

What did they rule on today ? Ain’t seen nothing .

Comment

Not sure. all I heard was they ruled limiting global warming issues.

Comment

Took away some power from the EPA. Not sure what effect that will have on the clean air act though.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
          Took away some power from the EPA. Not sure what effect that will have on the clean air act though.
          You guys are looking at this too myoptically. They essentially took power away
          From ALL the alphabet agencies saying that policy implemented by bureaucracies have no teeth or at least fewer teeth and that policy needs to be passed as law by elected officials, you know like the founding fathers intended.

This makes a platform to
          Go after ATF policies, OSHA, DHS, even the irs

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            You guys are looking at this too myoptically. They essentially took power away
            From ALL the alphabet agencies saying that policy implemented by bureaucracies have no teeth or at least fewer teeth and that policy needs to be passed as law by elected officials, you know like the founding fathers intended.

This makes a platform to
            Go after ATF policies, OSHA, DHS, even the irs
            This the way I see it.
            But this will be several years of individual law suits for each agency and maybe each overreaching policy.
            But it is still a huge WIN in my opinion

Comment

Are they going to pack the Supreme Court now?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

I highly doubt it. A fool’s errand. If one side packed the courts the other side would do the same as soon as they got into power and so on and forever. Packing the courts would defacto nullify the three branches and separation of powers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The SCOTUS said the EPA lacks authority to set emission standards.

The Supreme Court on Thursday limited the Environmental Protection Agency’s authority to set standards on climate-changing greenhouse gas emissions for existing power plants.

In its 6-3 ruling, the Supreme Court said that Congress, not the EPA, has the power to create a broad system of cap-and-trade regulations to limit emissions from existing power plants in a bid to transition away from coal to renewable energy sources.

Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the majority opinion in the case, known as West Virginia v. the Environmental Protection Agency, which was joined by the Supreme Court’s other five conservative members.

Comment

In his concurring opinion, Gorsuch took a not-so-veiled shot at Obama:

“When Congress seems slow to solve problems, it may be only natural that those in the Executive Branch might seek to take matters into their own hands. But the Constitution does not authorize agencies to use pen-and-phone regulations as substitutes for laws passed by the people’s representatives.”

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                      This the way I see it.
                      But this will be several years of individual law suits for each agency and maybe each overreaching policy.
                      But it is still a huge WIN in my opinion
                      Agreed, but the framework, and judicial precedent is now in place

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

They were going to do that anyway and probably kill the filibuster, the row v wade decision more so than this is what will expedite those 2 scenarios

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                      I highly doubt it. A fool’s errand. If one side packed the courts the other side would do the same as soon as they got into power and so on and forever. Packing the courts would defacto nullify the three branches and separation of powers.

It’s not that easy with lifelong appointments. Dems packing the court now would have ramifications and shape the landscape for 20 years before the other side could swing the balance. And if done aggressively enough it could literally tip the balance for perpetuity

But their time is getting short in which to do it. Assuming there is any honesty and integrity left in our election system, the R’s will take back both houses come Nov
                      Last edited by Playa; 06-30-2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Agreed, but the framework, and judicial precedent is now in place

They were going to do that anyway and probably kill the filibuster, the row v wade decision more so than this is what will expedite those 2 scenarios

It’s not that easy with lifelong appointments. Dems packing the court now would have ramifications and shape the landscape for 20 years before the other side could swing the balance. And if done aggressively enough it could literally tip the balance for perpetuity

But their time is getting short in which to do it. Assuming there is any honesty and integrity left in our election system, the R’s will take back both houses come Nov

What would stop the Republicans from adding even more as soon as they take over?

Comment

Woot woot woot
                          - Dog Pound

Decentralization of authoritarian federal government. Kill overreach!
                          Score.

China is authoritatively centralized power and they follow no international governing rules…like minded or otherwise.

These rulings force the US Congress do their job.
                          Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-30-2022, 01:59 PM. Reason: MakeCongressWorkSpake

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                            What would stop the Republicans from adding even more as soon as they take over?

Nothing, but they aren’t the party endeavoring to pack the court

Comment

Working...
                            X