Flies around house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flies around house

Have a birthday party coming up for my 3yr old. We had a bad Fly problem last year from cooking food etc. To many people to have everything in the house. Any good suggestions on how to keep flies to a minimum. Last year it was a little ridiculous how many flies showed up. Any good tricks or suggestions.

We use these. Hang them up high because the bait stinks but dang they catch a boat load of flies

Comment

Agree with Throwing Darts - those things work awesome.

Comment

Also agree, these work really well and smell really bad. Just don't leave them up for very long or you will have a nasty mess.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Those things definitely attract and kill flies, but they stink to high heaven, and may end up attracting more flies then repelling. If you have flies hanging around now, you can put out some bowels, pans, pots etc. with some Dawn dish soap. Spray it good with the water hose to get it good and suddzy. With this hot weather, not sure if they like the smell of the soap, or are just attracted to the water, but they get in it and can't get out.

Comment

The fly traps do work and they are stinky. I can put mine far enough away where I can't smell them and it draws the flies away from my patio. I checked one yesterday and it was 4 inches deep of dead flies and maggots. Pretty disgusting but better in that trap than elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
              We use these. Hang them up high because the bait stinks but dang they catch a boat load of flies

https://www.amazon.com/RESCUE-FTD2-D.../dp/B07BTY75CV
              These work really well at attracting flies and killing the snot out of them, but after a day or two, they attract even more flies and smell to high heavens

We have one near the back porch that we had to move to the fence and two in the barn that completely filled up with dead flies in a matter of a week. Smell is awful and I'm not convinced that they dont attract more than they kill

still looking for a repellant of some sort, we have horses in the pasture behind the house so it's almost always a losing battle

Comment

Yea my wife is pregnant. She would throw a fit with a nasty smell around the house right now lol.... Looking for more of a repellant i guess or something.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                  These work really well at attracting flies and killing the snot out of them, but after a day or two, they attract even more flies and smell to high heavens

We have one near the back porch that we had to move to the fence and two in the barn that completely filled up with dead flies in a matter of a week. Smell is awful and I'm not convinced that they dont attract more than they kill

still looking for a repellant of some sort, we have horses in the pasture behind the house so it's almost always a losing battle
                  Yes these work and might draw more flies than there were to start with. I had one out for several weeks, looked out one day and there were 4 buzzards posted up under them and in the tree where it was hanging. Figured I better get it down before the HOA caught on. Put up another one but will take down a little sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by txlawdog View Post
                    Yes these work and might draw more flies than there were to start with. I had one out for several weeks, looked out one day and there were 4 buzzards posted up under them and in the tree where it was hanging. Figured I better get it down before the HOA caught on. Put up another one but will take down a little sooner.
                    I'm gonna try something stupid and actually add more of the traps in the barn and a few more across the fence line to the pasture - hoping that it "spreads out the death" a little better and maybe keeps them away from the back porch a little better.

Maybe I'll remember to let yall know how it works out, I'm thinking it won't actually be for the better LOL

Comment

Fly Predators. "Spalding Fly Predators break the fly’s life cycle. The hard working Fly Predator moms find and kill roughly 75 pest fly pupae before they hatch. Every female pest fly that doesn’t make it means potentially up to 900 fewer bothersome flies. Fly Predators are fly control that really works"

I used these for years around my kennels when I had my beagles. They do work.

Comment

We put those traps out away from where we don't want flies. Kills a ton and seems to draw them away from the patio area. We also spray PT Alpine around in some spots. On the bricks and they land on it and die.

Comment

But a dozen electric fly swatters and pass them out to the kids and get out of their way. Guarantee they won’t mind the flys and it’ll be a memorable party.

Comment

You gotta put a penny in the zip lock bags full of water yo.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

We are covered up in flies and PT Alpine works best for us.

WE tried those traps and they worked good but we quit using them for the reasons mentioned previously. Our back porch was way worse after a few days.

.... And our kids have salt guns. It's a hobby for them now.

Comment

Working...
                              X