Just ordered a new Primal Tech.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered a new Primal Tech.

A few days ago I ordered a new Primal Tech from Randy. For those whom own both Longbow and Recurve, which do you prefer? I ordered a Longbow but love Recurves as well. Just spitballing for your thoughts.

Thanks.

Doug

Are you getting a 1 piece, 2 piece or 3 piece? I own a 3 piece combination and a 2 piece longbow. If we can cross paths you are welcome to shoot all I have.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 3pc with both longbow and recurve limbs. I’m a longbow guy at heart, so I prefer to shoot the longbow. Both my sets of limbs are within 1/10 of a pound in draw weight, but the recurve limbs have a noticeably higher amount of oomph.

As far as recurves go, PT 3pc recurves are among the quietest out there!

You will love that bow when you get it in your hands!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Both are smooth, quiet, and low shock… the recurve is faster, but man the longbow’s shot reaction is subtle..

Comment

I just shot my longbow limbs. First time since the tummy tuck. Definitely gotta go kill something with them.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have a 3 piece on order with Longbow limbs and 42# @ 28” due to a shoulder issue. I love longbows but with the lower poundage, I might be inclined to go with the Recurve with a bit more speed. Your thoughts on this please.

Comment

My recurve limbs are relatively quiet. The longbow limbs are more so.
              I like a longbow shot better. But I'm generally a better shot with the recurve limbs.
              42lbs is enough to hunt with in either limb choice.

Comment

You can't go wrong, whichever you end up with. I shot Randy's personal bow (recurve) a few weeks ago, and it was smooth as silk. Gary let me try his longbow, and I'll admit it was hard to give it back, lol. If you have the chance to shoot one before Randy starts on yours, you might be surprised at what you can comfortably draw and go for a little heavier limb. No matter what you choose, it will be a super nice bow.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                  Thanks guys. I have a 3 piece on order with Longbow limbs and 42# @ 28” due to a shoulder issue. I love longbows but with the lower poundage, I might be inclined to go with the Recurve with a bit more speed. Your thoughts on this please.

It’s all up to you! Due to a bout of elbow tendinitis, I killed this buck and pig with a 42-43#@my DL Sarrels Blueridge longbow this past season:

Those two convinced me that the poundage was enough with a well tuned setup. I just had my PT recurve reduced from 50# to 45#, and my PT longbow is 46#.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My new one will be that way as well. I will be taking the one I just had reduced to 50lbs to Africa though.

Comment

I think his longbows are just as fast as most recurves and super quiet!
                      Get both so you can swap up when you feel the urge

Comment

Why? Why did you have to post a topic about primal tech?

I’ve never heard of them and then I went on their Facebook page. Dammit man!

Beautiful bows! I’ll have make a trip over to see them and pretty sure order a custom recurve

Comment

It isn't "them". It's him. He's not a volume builder. He works alone, building truly custom bows. I'm currently waiting on my third . . .

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                            Why? Why did you have to post a topic about primal tech?

I’ve never heard of them and then I went on their Facebook page. Dammit man!

Beautiful bows! I’ll have make a trip over to see them and pretty sure order a custom recurve

I made the same mistake last year, reading up on them and looking at all of the pictures I could find. Finally got around to shooting DRTs,… they shoot as great as they look. They’re a slick setup for sure.

Comment

I just ordered one as well…it will be the best bow that he has made to date. ��

Comment

Working...
                              X