Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Between Childress and Quanah- Bitcoin has bought property.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between Childress and Quanah- Bitcoin has bought property.

Near the community of Kirkland, next to the Kirkland Cemetery. Anybody know any details? My lease is near there.

Interesting!

Comment

Probably a Bitcoin mining operation. Someone is building one near Abilene as well. Wind and solar electricity is the attraction.

Comment

I know someone else that has a lease due west of Quanah. Good area.

Comment

Its supposed to be a crypto mining facility

Comment

Originally posted by The Gipper View Post
            Its supposed to be a crypto mining facility

And these facilities use enough power per month, to power 25,000 homes per month.

They are moving here acause power is cheap.

Comment

There is already one at the old Alcoa plant in Rockdale. Only one building now but is the largest user of electricity in the county. When it's finished it will use more than the rest of the county combined is what I hear.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Probably a Bitcoin mining operation. Someone is building one near Abilene as well. Wind and solar electricity is the attraction.
                  Overall I believe bitcoin is chinese (communist) whale controlled and a resource dump/waste… it detracts from actual tangible use of power and production of physical product. It will aid to the cost of US energy to become sequentially higher in cost. A bit of a double or triple or quadruple whammy.

Now potentially adding to increasing land costs. Quintuple whammmy?

Ive a friend investing in leasing less than desireable gas wells, tapping to generators and plopping down premade bitcoin mining ISO containers for bitcoin generation. I like the idea of redirecting flare off for bitcoin production but use of clean power for mining … bitcoin is a resource dump and misdirection of wealth…IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    Overall I believe bitcoin is chinese (communist) whale controlled and a resource dump/waste… it detracts from actual tangible use of power and production of physical product. It will aid to the cost of US energy to become sequentially higher in cost. A bit of a double or triple or quadruple whammy.

Now potentially adding to increasing land costs. Quintuple whammmy?

Ive a friend investing in leasing less than desireable gas wells, tapping to generators and plopping down premade bitcoin mining ISO containers for bitcoin generation. I like the idea of redirecting flare off for bitcoin production but use of clean power for mining … bitcoin is a resource dump and misdirection of wealth…IMO.
                    This could very well be true.

Comment

Anybody know anything about the one I posted about on this thread?

Comment

There is a huge solar farm to the east of Childress. My guess is they will take advantage of the energy source, there.

Comment

Probably not, but that's not going to stop us from giving you our opinion on it.

Comment

I wish they'd shut all that crap down. It's all smoke and mirrors and is going to end up costing us all a bunch of money.

Quadruple the cost of their power.... **** them!

Comment

How the heck can your power grid support these places ?

Comment

Working...
                              X