• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sako View Post
    Any updates now?
    water is wet where you find it

Comment

Originally posted by sako View Post
      Any updates now?
      We got back Sunday from staying in Hearstone in Concan. They did not shut the water off Thursday night but did on Friday and Saturday. There was a small pool of river water you could get in if you wanted to but we chose to just utilize the pool at the house. Several tents gathered around the small river pool the neighborhood has access to. It was fun but not the typical Frio River situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

We did Neal’s day 1, the private frio river access day 2 & chalk bluff day 3… Neal’s was ok just dirty water, private frio access was pricey at $35 a person but it was really a nice place. A little quirky rules but he was cool with us. Beautiful place. Chalk Bluff was our first trip, crowded and crowded but it was a Saturday. I imagine during the week and less peak it would be a real cool spot. Despite being crowded it was all families that we were around and we thoroughly enjoyed our 4-5 hours in the water there. This was last weekend. Pray for rain

Chalk Bluff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see that ol cypress again. Man the stories it could tell

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
          I’m heading down today and will report back on the water shortage.
          Wow. My “1/2 empty factor” wouldn’t let me

Comment

Would love any updates? Trying to figure out if canceling our trip at end of July.

Comment

At bucees in Luling right now. Headed to Leaky until Tuesday. Friends that are there now say the waters fine.

Comment

Went last weekend. Just do a little scouting and you can find a good water hole that has a little flow to it. (Not stagnant) They did not cut the water off at all to our house while we were there. Had just as good of a time sitting in good water vs floating.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                  At bucees in Luling right now. Headed to Leaky until Tuesday. Friends that are there now say the waters fine.
                  I remember my first Frio trip too LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DS_1974 View Post
                    I remember my first Frio trip too LOL

??? We just got gas and bailed… I don’t dare go in that place and fight the madness!

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                      Went last weekend. Just do a little scouting and you can find a good water hole that has a little flow to it. (Not stagnant) They did not cut the water off at all to our house while we were there. Had just as good of a time sitting in good water vs floating.

Went 2 weeks ago. Same deal. Too low to float but we had a good time relaxing in the water hole. But our water at house did get cut off every night around 10:30 until 7 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                        ??? We just got gas and bailed… I don’t dare go in that place and fight the madness!
                        Just yankin your chain dude. I was referring to your friends that think the water is fine right now. The flow is literally zero. First time I went it was like 4 and I thought it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by DS_1974 View Post
                          Just yankin your chain dude. I was referring to your friends that think the water is fine right now. The flow is literally zero. First time I went it was like 4 and I thought it was great.

I knew they were lying, especially when they wouldn’t send pics. Last year we spent a week at the Nueces and it was great.

We are in leaky and the place we have has some rapids and a deep hole to soak. Beats the hell out of work!

Comment

My daughter just texted me and they just got 1.5 inches in that area. It will help a little but that area needs a lot more.

Comment

Well we are going next weekend. Anyone been there the last few days or there now? I know they've had a few good rains. Not sure if it's enough to help.

Thanks,

Comment

The flow is still showing zero

Comment

Working...
                                X