Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud American

Harvard Student Condemns Anti-Americanism
    The senior speech Julie Hartman delivered in Harvard’s Memorial Chapel on May 3, 2022.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hk3A5SaIXA&t=369s"]Harvard Student Condemns Anti-Americanism in Senior Speech - YouTube[/ame]

I attended a Texas A&M AgriLife Extension event yesterday and the survey had the required EEO questions - gender, income, ethnic back ground, etc. I answered "Other" - American. I turned to the diverse group of ladies behind me and said, pointing to the question and my answer, "what is wrong with just being an American?" They whole heartedly agreed.

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    Harvard Student Condemns Anti-Americanism
    The senior speech Julie Hartman delivered in Harvard’s Memorial Chapel on May 3, 2022.

Harvard Student Condemns Anti-Americanism in Senior Speech - YouTube

I attended a Texas A&M AgriLife Extension event yesterday and the survey had the required EEO questions - gender, income, ethnic back ground, etc. I answered "Other" - American. I turned to the diverse group of ladies behind me and said, pointing to the question and my answer, "what is wrong with just being an American?" They whole heartedly agreed.
    Good deal. I’ve been writing in American for years on forms that ask for race and language. Although lately I’ve been thinking of changing that to Texan.

Comment

The young lady has several great points!

Comment

Kind of shocking coming out of the liberal cesspool of Harvard.

Comment

That was beautiful, and the girl ain't too bad herself.

Comment

Good Stuff! Thanks for sharing

Comment

America ain't what it once was sweetheart. Take a look around. We're mocked and laughed at by other countries daily. But that's cute that you think we're the greatest country in the world. Democrats have all but ruined this country. If you think you have a right to free speech any more you're absolutely 100% wrong. And once you lose one you're bound to lose them all.

Your fellow Americans allowed a man that hates America to be your president. Ain't really a lot to be proud of there.

On a side note. Pride.....George Carlin had a bit about this. Pride is reserved for something you've achieved in life. You're a genetic mistake that just happened to be born here. You're here by chance so if anything you should feel lucky. Pride ain't even the right word to use in that sentence. I'm proud to be an American. As if somehow I deserved that specific country. Doesn't make sense. But anyway.....carry on blondie.
              Last edited by okrattler; 06-29-2022, 06:29 AM.

Comment

As a cynical person it's hard for me not to look at all the BS and think the US is done. Then I look at how comfortable we live, the luxuries we have, the opportunities we can take advantage of if we just put in the effort. You won't get that anywhere else. Sure, we got lots of issues to fix. We need more people like this girl to have faith in what the US was and is, otherwise we really are done. Kudos Ms. Hartman

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  that's cute that you think we're the greatest country in the world.
                  I do worry about the direction we're headed with current leadership and am concerned about my generation and that after me (30) but America IS the greatest country in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    I do worry about the direction we're headed with current leadership and am concerned about my generation and that after me (30) but America IS the greatest country in the world.
                    I think it has potential to be. I look at America like I would my son if I had one that used to be a straight A student,best athlete,strongest in his school,has a good job after highschool. Then one day......he says he's sick and he can't be around anyone. Then one day out of the blue I find out he's a drug addict and doing sexual favors for other men to get money for his habit. I'd still love him but I'd be like......what the f happened?

Used to be the best now he's right there with....You know.....not the best. That's America right now. Has a lot of potential but........man......It's gonna take a long time to get over its problems.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 06-29-2022, 07:03 AM.

Comment

I saw this in a newsletter:

Independence Day Thoughts –
                      By Kit Pharo

Most people in America will be celebrating Independence Day in five days. For me, this is more than a time of celebration. It is also a time of reflection. The United States of America may still be the greatest nation in the world – but it’s NOT what it used to be!

As you celebrate Independence Day, I challenge you to consider how many freedoms we have allowed a tyrannical government to usurp since the 9/11 event that took place nearly 21 years. The recent pandemic allowed our government to usurp even more of our freedoms. If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention!!

In my not-so-humble opinion, the only hope our country has is to get back to a non-intrusive government that strictly adheres to the US Constitution – as our forefathers intended. Although all of our elected federal officials take an oath to defend and uphold the US Constitution, many (perhaps most) in my lifetime (Republican and Democrat alike) have blatantly violated that oath. It continues to get worse with each generation.

It is high time for “We the People” to realize we will NEVER attain different results by doing the same things over and over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        In my not-so-humble opinion, the only hope our country has is to get back to a non-intrusive government that strictly adheres to the US Constitution – as our forefathers intended. Although all of our elected federal officials take an oath to defend and uphold the US Constitution, many (perhaps most) in my lifetime (Republican and Democrat alike) have blatantly violated that oath. It continues to get worse with each generation.
                        The problem is there are too many citizens that don't mind them usurping the constitution as long as they get what they want. They don't understand that once they violate the constitution for their wants it will lead to them violating for others as well and will eventually cost them the freedoms they care about too.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

She is spot on, kudos to her. Yes her.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                            America ain't what it once was sweetheart. Take a look around. We're mocked and laughed at by other countries daily. But that's cute that you think we're the greatest country in the world. Democrats have all but ruined this country. If you think you have a right to free speech any more you're absolutely 100% wrong. And once you lose one you're bound to lose them all.

Your fellow Americans allowed a man that hates America to be your president. Ain't really a lot to be proud of there.

On a side note. Pride.....George Carlin had a bit about this. Pride is reserved for something you've achieved in life. You're a genetic mistake that just happened to be born here. You're here by chance so if anything you should feel lucky. Pride ain't even the right word to use in that sentence. I'm proud to be an American. As if somehow I deserved that specific country. Doesn't make sense. But anyway.....carry on blondie.

If we all just give up on what this country was founded on, and what it has been, then it is done. Yes, the liberals and many of the politicians are trying to destroy it and take away all of our rights. There are some really F'ed up people that cook up and then use the easily brainwashed liberals to spread the ideas they wanted pushed off on the the country. Which are all for the purpose of weakening the country, breaking it down piece by piece to eventually destroy it. They have fed the clueless liberals a bunch of BS in ways that they buy, so they go along with these anti American thoughts, preachings.

The government has become mostly corrupt, dangerous to the citizens of this country, dangerous to the future of this country. They have been getting away with very wrong doings, pretty much daily for years. Then none of them actually suffer any consequences. I really think the Clintons are the ones, that really opened the door for that. Showing all of the other politicians this is how you commit serious crimes, and then don't have to worry about and prison time. There are so many politicians in office today, that had they done, what they have done, 60 plus years ago, would have been executed, most of the rest would be in prison. They have broken our judicial system down, and made themselves above the law. The people in power, control our most powerful branches of law enforcement, they use the FBI, Secret Service, BLM, IRS and other branches of federal law enforcement, against anyone who opposes them.

Then our voting system is very obviously corrupt, it has been proven it is very possible to manipulate, and that it is very difficult to prevent vote tampering. More so, when people are caught tampering with our voting system and it is just swept under the rug. So voting our country back to being what it was, will never happen.

There is only one way to get our country back to what it was, and that is the same way this country was started. We have allowed things to get to that point, there is no voting this country back to what it was, we have been way top timid, too passive, and allowed things to happen, that can only be undone by force.

Our country has a lot of good people left in it, it has been a great country, the basis for a great country are still there in our constitution. We have too many politicians who are wiping their *** with the constitution, then not suffering any consequences. That has to stop. All of this BS liberal teachings of acceptance of things that were not acceptable in the past, has to be stopped. The liberals have been preaching that we should all accept and allow, new ways. Most of the population has, that is how they are breaking down our country. What was seen as wrong in the past, should still be wrong today and in the future. Wise men thousands of years ago, figured out that moral decay, leads to the break down of a society. The liberals have been trying to destroy our morals for years, and they have been very successful at doing so.

What ****** me off, is these brainwashed idiot liberals who spend much of their time trying to destroy our country and what is has been. Don't have any clue where we all, including them, will be, if they are successful with what they think they want to accomplish. It's like being on the edge of a cliff, turning around and putting everything you have into destroying the ground behind you.

The younger generations have been taught to loath history, to hate it, that it's a waste of time to learn, that is is dumb, to spend anytime learning about history. But it has been proven over and over, the past will show you the future. Human nature, has always been the same, since the beginning of humans being on this earth. Knowing how past civilizations and countries have risen up or collapsed, or were defeated, helps you make wise decisions for the future. What did not work in the past, will not work in the future, that's been proven thousands of times over thousands of years. But one of the big liberal mottos is never look back in time, only look forward to the future. That's how you wind up running off a cliff. They are trying to get us all to run off a cliff, like a bunch of lemmings. Most seem to be going along with it, many complain, but still go along with it.

Our country has been a great country, we should all be proud of our past, our country's past. It is still a great country, but it has a cancer that is growing, that needs a good strong dose of chemo.

I don't know where the girl who gave the speech is from, but she has followed the correct teachings, and not accepted the brainwashing most people her age have. If she is from the north east, that would show, there is still hope for our country. It shows there are still people, who when constantly bombarded by liberal preachings their whole life, they can still see the truth. Yes, most likely people who like her, who can see the truth, are a small minority, in the area of the country where she is most likely from. She is very brave to stand up and give that speech at Harvard. She should be congratulated and cheered, not criticized.

Comment

Working...
                            X