Looking for a Hurdle/Sprint Coach..East Texas Preferably

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Hurdle/Sprint Coach..East Texas Preferably

My son has just finished up his freshman year and is showing quite a bit of promise on the track. I am looking for a coach that gives private lessons or a camp that can really refine his hurdle technique. His high school coach just announced his resignation today to head to a new school.

Anyone have any leads?

Did you try the Letourneau U or UT Tyler? I have no leads other than that.

Comment

Don’t know of anyone. Maybe a local summer track program that has a good hurdle coach. My daughter got lucky as an 11 year old. The varsity track coaches ran the summer program and immediately got her on hurdles. The rest is history 😄. He doesn’t need to be the fastest kid in the district, but he does have to be fast. Sprinters are a dime a dozen. Hurdles is where the college money is. Good luck on your search. If I think of anything I’ll let you know

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
        Don’t know of anyone. Maybe a local summer track program that has a good hurdle coach. My daughter got lucky as an 11 year old. The varsity track coaches ran the summer program and immediately got her on hurdles. The rest is history 😄. He doesn’t need to be the fastest kid in the district, but he does have to be fast. Sprinters are a dime a dozen. Hurdles is where the college money is. Good luck on your search. If I think of anything I’ll let you know
        We are in the situation where is he is stupid fast but needs to have his technique polished.

Comment

Do you have the opportunity to talk to your coach before he's gone? Maybe he has a recommendation.
          My neighbor here is the AD. I'll try to catch up with him and see if he might be able to give you some insight.
          Are you in Hallsville school district?

Comment

As a thrower I attended UT's version of this many moons ago. TAMU may be closer to you. That would at least get you a network of coaches - https://12thman.com/news/2021/6/22/t...mmer-camp.aspx

Comment

Shreveport may be too far but a guy I went to High School with is considered one of the best track coaches in that area.

He is a high school coach but does track programs year round.

His name is Juan Plaza - probably easy to find him in the ‘net
              Last edited by mikebyrge; 06-23-2022, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I was in a similar situation a couple weeks ago and even asked on here also. We were looking for a throwing coach. My wife joined every track and field facebook page she could find and asked. She eventually found a coach in mesquite who would coach up my son
                He's had 4 sessions and put on about 3 feet of distance on shotput. Money well spent
                We're also in the summer track club in gilmer but it's a little late for your son to join as we're going to regionals next week. Maybe next year. We have a few people from hallsville coming now.

Comment

Working...
                X