No announcement yet.

Live scope. Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can some of you that have livescope or active target post some pics of the way you have mounted? I am wanting to pull the trigger on this for our boat, but don't want to mount transducer on trolling motor and want to see independent mounting options..

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
      Can some of you that have livescope or active target post some pics of the way you have mounted? I am wanting to pull the trigger on this for our boat, but don't want to mount transducer on trolling motor and want to see independent mounting options..

I'll try to get some pics tonight of my transducer mount. I made the pole out of 1.25" PVC and 1" PVC inside of it so I could turn it. Bought some Ram mounts and ubolts to mount it all to boat. There are several pics online, that's how I got the idea. There are also poles made specifically for this but they are pricey. Mine works surprisingly well, plus I can take it off anytime easily.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
        Seems the 9” right now is $699 vs a 10” is double that if not more
        You could get the 10 inch on Facebook for used for $800 to $900 or go Russell marine has one for $1k. https://www.russellmarineproducts.co.../6-g1022-u.htm

Key is to get that smaller graph way high closer to your eyes! See my mount on the bow.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
          First pics are mine and I made the adjustable graph mount and the pole is a pole ducer from shut up and fish. The second boat is my father in laws and I made his pole out of pvc and also the adjustable mount.

And it is 100% worth it👍
          Attached Files
          Last edited by hogslayer78; 06-16-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

As my son in law hogslayer78 said it is worth it. Still learning with mine. Gettin that graph up higher makes a BIG difference!. He did a great job riggin mine up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
              As my son in law hogslayer78 said it is worth it. Still learning with mine. Gettin that graph up higher makes a BIG difference!. He did a great job riggin mine up for me.
              Boy you got cha good one

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

It depends on the person but for me it was. Helps me tremendously and a lot of fun watching the fish. I doubt you'd find anyone anywhere say....."nah, it sucks... sending it back".

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Like hunting high fence. ��

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                    Nah.... high fence waaay more expensive.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                        If that’s the case then I want to hunt high fence with live scope. Don’t have a lot of years left.

Comment

We have Active Target. It's pretty cool! Still working through the learning curve. And right now it's mounted on the trolling motor shaft. Definitely need to change that set-up. We almost exclusively fish for bass but have stumbled onto some dang good crappie spots!

Comment

Well I bought one and wow it’s fun. I so far don’t regret the smaller screen. I just zoom in to the pilons or brush piles and it’s all good. Definitely have learned a lot about crappie and how they act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone reckon they will reduce crappie limits in the coming years? Sure seems like everyone is whackin on em pretty good.

Comment

They need to start stocking them like they do bass. Seems that would be helpful. As we stock bass but no one keeps them. Seems unsustainable for the other fish.

Originally posted by ram04 View Post
                                Does anyone reckon they will reduce crappie limits in the coming years? Sure seems like everyone is whackin on em pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X