No announcement yet.

Wasp and Pools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is allergic to them. It's not as fun but algae guard kills them when they land on the pool. It is amazing how many will be dead in the skimmer.

Comment

I got hit by one in the pool on Sunday. bastages!

Comment

Super soakers with tablespoon of dawn dish soap and water, dead in under 30 seconds. Pretend you are a navy seal underwater and sneak in close before they lift off the water, nail them with one shot. Or the sprint, leap, and blast as you dive in when they are across the pool.
        Need a better pattern in the shot, slowly increase diameter of spray hole with small drill bits.
        Go for a gun with 1200cc or youll constantly be refilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
          Super soakers with tablespoon of dawn dish soap and water, dead in under 30 seconds. Pretend you are a navy seal underwater and sneak in close before they lift off the water, nail them with one shot. Or the sprint, leap, and blast as you dive in when they are across the pool.
          Need a better pattern in the shot, slowly increase diameter of spray hole with small drill bits.
          We have been whacking them with a kick board but this sounds so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
            This cracks me up! You are serious !

Look up home made wasp trap. Uses plastic soda bottle. Works like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              We have been whacking them with a kick board but this sounds so much better.
              Originally posted by Big pig View Post
              This cracks me up! You are serious !

Look up home made wasp trap. Uses plastic soda bottle. Works like a champ.
              Haha. Maybe a bit exaggerated, but it adds a bit of fun to life. Also a good competition to put out there when kids come over.

I'll have a bottle trap set up this evening, we shall see. Get tired of having to knock dabber nests off everything. My house went vacant for a few years and i think the world's population of dabbers moved in.

Comment

Working...
              X