Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moisture Rid - Water Trough Idea - Even Possible???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moisture Rid - Water Trough Idea - Even Possible???

Always used the plug in to dry dehumidifiers in my gun safe. Picked up a Moisture Rid bucket a while back and was surprised how quickly the water filled the bucket below the pellets.
    Gave me an idea.
    Could this be done on a larger scale outside to provide water for a barrel that would feed a small concrete drinking trough? Don’t know if it would take 50 or 100 pounds of pellets, but just thought that it might be a way to collect moisture at a level high enough to keep up with consumption? Has this even been done before?

Thoughts???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone???

Comment

If 4 ounces of pellets can pull a couple cups of water out of there air, why wouldn't a hundred pounds be able to compound that action?

Am I thinking about this wrong?

Comment

What would it potentially do to the water? What's in that stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
          If 4 ounces of pellets can pull a couple cups of water out of there air, why wouldn't a hundred pounds be able to compound that action?

Am I thinking about this wrong?

Is it possible that it’s all in perspective. 4oz in a small cup may appear to pull a lot of water, but there is no guarantee that it’s a linear relationship where 100lbs would pull an equivalent amount. I have no idea, just playing devils advocate. Interesting idea though and curious to see how it shakes out.

Comment

If it worked there would be no lack of clean drinking water on the African continent.
            in theory, great idea

Comment

Not sure about that one but some of them the liquid that is captured is very corrosive like take the bluing off a rifle overnight kinda corrosive

Comment

Did you get that much moisture out of your gun safe ?

Comment

Is the water safe to drink from that cup in your gun safe? Sounds like to me it has to run through this stuff to turn to a liquid form? Can they keep up with the high evaporation rates of water in the Texas heat? It’s tough enough to keep up with consumption in a 275 gallon tote as it is, with consumption and evaporation rates …. I couldn’t imagine being able to draw enough safe drinking water and keep up with consumption for several animals.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                    Did you get that much moisture out of your gun safe ?

Put it in an old gun cabinet. Safe stays good with the plug-ins.

Comment

No way damp rid converts it into drinkable water. You’re thinking way too hard on this. Those big damp rids ain’t cheap. They work great inside closets, campers, gun safes (gun cabinets mainly) etc.

No way would I drink it though. I mean you’re suppose to dispose of it once it fills with water. It’s not a renewable source

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 05-23-2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Well maybe this is possible

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 05-24-2022, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Very interesting….

Comment

Like your out of the box thinking txbrass. There's probably something there.. technology just needs a little more advancement.

Comment

Working...
                            X