Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy Buffet

Woodlands.........Saturday, June 4th

sweet! only singer that could get a hit song on a cheese burger..[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBsPZV14I-k"]Jimmy Buffett - Cheeseburger In Paradise - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Sister Sparechange has a bumper sticker on her door. “Jimmy Buffet—He don’t live in Key West anymore.”

Comment

Lot of parrot heads still out there

Comment

He was great back in the day, but went through a "caricature of himself" phase in the 90s and beyond.
          He may have recovered from that. I don't know.
          I saw him in '96 or '97 at Southpark Meadows (before it became a mall), and he was heading down that cartoon path at that time.
          Still a good time with lots of brests on display.

Comment

Love me some Jimmy Buffet. The Songs Known by Heart (greatest hits) album literally doesn't have a bad track.

Comment

Better go see him before he kicks the bucket, like the rest of them.

Comment

I was a big fan in college and my days sailing around Galveston soon after. Finally saw him at Woods Pavillion sometime around 2012-15, can't remember exactly. After having read all his books and owning the box set I was so stoked but the concert was a big let down. Indeed, caricature was probably the right word to describe it.

Comment

Been a caricature for at least 20 years. Buffet, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, and David Allen Coe have made a good living for decades playing crappy concerts well past their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Been a caricature for at least 20 years. Buffet, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, and David Allen Coe have made a good living for decades playing crappy concerts well past their prime.

You just listed my top 4 in the business that have always amazed me how they could draw such crowds at "singing" concerts that can't carry a tune in a bucket!! Great writers (well except for DAC), but zero talent for singing...

IMHO of course...

Comment

Went to the Buffet concert in Frisco 4-5 years ago. Concert was ok, but the people watching was more fun. Lots of different people on display, young and old.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        You just listed my top 4 in the business that have always amazed me how they could draw such crowds at "singing" concerts that can't carry a tune in a bucket!! Great writers (well except for DAC), but zero talent for singing...

IMHO of course...
                        Your humble opinion is wrong. . . in my humble opinion. :-) DAC is generally regarded as a great songwriter by those in the business.

I'm not sure a better line has been written then this:

"Well, I'm up and gone at the break of dawn
                        I've been working like a regular dog
                        To keep my woman and the lights and water and the phone turned on."

Please Come to Boston, Take Tis Job and Shove it and The Ride are the three best song ever written by someone from Ohio! :-)

Comment

Saw him at Red Rocks last September. I’d forgotten how terribly overrated he is. I was reminded and won’t likely forget again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                            He was great back in the day, but went through a "caricature of himself" phase in the 90s and beyond.
                            He may have recovered from that. I don't know.
                            I saw him in '96 or '97 at Southpark Meadows (before it became a mall), and he was heading down that cartoon path at that time.
                            Still a good time with lots of brests on display.

I’m pretty sure I was at this show too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A Pirate Looks at 40 is great. That's where it ends for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X