Be honest, do you feel as bad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you wound a doe vs a buck or a coyote vs a deer?

If no, Why?

Is it about you or the animal?

Feel bad either way, but for how long depends. If I wound a deer and lose it then it sticks with me longer than if I lose a pig/coyote/etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I never want an animal to suffer.
      No matter what it is..

Comment

Losing a deer messes me up for awhile. Bucks more so. Don’t care about a coyote but I won’t let them suffer if I can help it. Honest truth all the way around.

Comment

May dwell on a trophy animal longer but feel bad all the same initially. Yotes and hogs I don’t really care. Why because I see them as pest I guess.
          Last edited by Jcjohnson; 02-22-2022, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
            Feel bad either way, but for how long depends. If I wound a deer and lose it then it sticks with me longer than if I lose a pig/coyote/etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            same. dont like it either way.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
              I never want an animal to suffer.
              No matter what it is..
              that's not the question

Comment

I hate losing anything equally!!!!!! If I shoot an arrow at it, it is with the intent to recover it.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Bisch; 02-22-2022, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Honest face on....

I don't feel as bad on pig or varmints compared to a deer..... I just don't. I feel bad just not as much. That's an animal reason I guess.

I feel worse on a great buck over even a doe for several reasons.

#1 it took a long time for it to get there and I hate to see that effort, time and the uniqueness of the individual buck/antlers wasted.

#2 for selfish reasons.... I may have just ruined a great opportunity for myself, my wall, or even my own ego stroke..lol

#3 And because I think of more than myself, I may have ruined a great opportunity for the guys on my lease who might have also been after it and it was lost for everybody because I **** the bed. I get mad at myself for not doing my part.
                  Last edited by Smart; 02-22-2022, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Hate wounding anything. I'm too big of a softie to not care if something is suffering because of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Honest face on....

I don't feel as bad on pig or varmints compared to a deer..... I just don't. I feel bad just not as much. That's an animal reason I guess.

#1 it took a long time for it to get there and I hate to see that effort, time and the uniqueness of the individual buck/antlers wasted.

#2 for selfish reasons.... I may have just ruined a great opportunity for myself, my wall, or even my own ego stroke..lol

#3 And because I think of more than myself, I may have ruined a great opportunity for the guys on my lease who might have also been after it and it was lost for everybody because I **** the bed. I get mad at myself for not doing my part.
                      Thanks for writing this for me Smart!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Honest face on....

All of this.

I would never intentionally "wound" a coyote, but I've shot a few that got away and never lost a second of sleep over it.

I'll also take running shots on pigs/coyotes that I would never take on a deer. I guess it boils down to the value one associates with a given "resource".

Comment

I don't want any animal to suffer, but yes I feel worse in order buck, doe, others.

Bucks are fewer and further between, and the overall target. I have never lost a buck, but I can only imagine how sick it would make me.

We can't kill enough does to start with, and they all look basically the same. I lost a doe that took a step when I released, and the arrow passsed through the center of the guts making no sound. I watched her run 150 yards like a racehorse and clear a neighbors fence like it wasn't there, and I knew there was no point. I felt pretty sick about it for a few days.

Pigs....pigs need to go, by any means necessary. I've wounded more than I could count shooting at them running. I try to kill them stone dead, but at the end of the day I've never lost a minutes rest over one that didn't cost me a bet, or wasn't abnormally large.

I realize that probably makes me a little off, but I already knew that. I tend to take a utilitarian view of things sometimes.

Comment

I always want to get a clean kill if I'm shooting something, regardless of what it is. I hate to not recover something I'm gonna eat. I don't care so much about recovering a varmint that I shot because I want fewer varmints on my place, and I'm not gonna eat it anyway. I would hate to not recover a trophy buck a lot more than I'd hate to not recover a doe - meat AND trophy lost, rather than meat alone. But getting a clean kill is still what I want, regardless of what I'm gonna do or not do with the animal after the kill.

Comment

I feel worse for a buck, but hate to loose a doe. The doe I shot this year didnt bleed much (shot angle due to how close she was). I heard her crash but the blood was a beach. I second guessed everything I did.

Pigs, coyotes, coons and other vermin have two choices. Stand still so I can ear hole you or run off and take it where ever I can put it

Comment

Working...
                              X