The devil wants you defeated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The devil wants you defeated

There used to be this bully who would demand my lunch money every day.
    Since I was smaller, I would give it to him.
    Then I decided to fight back.
    I started taking karate lessons.
    But then the karate lesson guy said I had to start paying him five dollars a lesson.
    So, I just went back to paying the bully.
    Too many people feel it is easier just to pay the bully than it is to learn how to defeat him.
    Dennis Redders

This message is meant for those of us that can’t turn the other cheek.

Amen

Comment

NEVER pay the bully..

Comment

Having done all, Stand therefore...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          NEVER pay the bully..
          Exactly

Comment

Man that’s good

Comment

I was talking with a pastor today, he mentioned we all sin and I said “me, not so much but there is one thing I can’t do however much I try. I cannot love my enemies, I’ve tried but I literally have no feeling of love”. I mean you can’t force it and it would be a lie to fake the funk.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                I was talking with a pastor today, he mentioned we all sin and I said “me, not so much but there is one thing I can’t do however much I try. I cannot love my enemies, I’ve tried but I literally have no feeling of love”. I mean you can’t force it and it would be a lie to fake the funk.
                I think that's probably something that every person on the planet struggles with. I can forget about things when I am wronged but do I love someone that does it? No, I can't say that I do. I've forgiven time and time again. Been down that road and I know it leads to the same place. So at that point are you protecting yourself from being a victim and sinning? It's a double edged sword in that sense.

As humans I think that forgiveness is next to impossible. And here is why I say that. Lets say someone does you wrong. Some time goes by and you are at peace with it. At that point you've moved on. But if that person was in need would you help them? If you saw them would you go out of your way to talk to them? My honest answer to that question is no. Which means I haven't forgiven or forgotten. It doesn't necessarily phase me anymore but to some degree it must. Cutting ties with certain people is a must in order to stay on the right path. But is it right in Gods eyes?

That's a sin correct? But it's necessary because you're aware that, that person or people have ill intentions. That doesn't make it right in one sense but it does in another. Lets say you're still nice to these people when you meet because that's the way you're supposed to treat people. But if those feelings are still in your heart God knows. That's still sinning correct?

Comment

Matthew 10:34

Comment

Working...
                  X