Anyone hiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hiring?

Looking for a good company to start fresh with room for advancement...due to bad management at my current employer. Most of my experience has been in water treatment for homes mainly water softener and reverse osmosis drinking systems sales/ repair/ install. Some water recycling and oil separation systems before heading into sanitary sewer. Have worked with 12,24,115, and 240 volt systems for pumps motor and wiring for them. Was a service manager for a small company that serviced pressure washers,generators and air compressors. Had 3 techs under me. Have done some small engine repairs and trailer work with welding mixed in. There really isn't any I can't do if they can show me how they want it done. Just tired of putting in years at a company just to get run into the ground..
    Any help would be appreciated.

Good luck on your search. I am sure you will find a good gig soon.

Comment

Good luck on your search. I wanted to add as someone that has been in management for years the line "due to bad management at my current employer." is really a red flag for most people doing interviews. I would be careful how you lay that one out there.

-john

Comment

^^^^ ×100

Comment

"toxic work environment"

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
            ...due to bad management at my current employer.
            Read by managers at future employers: I am difficult to manage and blame others. Just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
              Good luck on your search. I wanted to add as someone that has been in management for years the line "due to bad management at my current employer." is really a red flag for most people doing interviews. I would be careful how you lay that one out there.

-john
              They can take it how it is but when over half the company has put it two weeks in the last 3 months due to the service manager and owner not wanting to be around to do his job. Not much else I can say

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                "toxic work environment"
                Understatement

Comment

You may want to check with Nalco Water.

Comment

They can take it how it is but when over half the company has put it two weeks in the last 3 months due to the service manager and owner not wanting to be around to do his job. Not much else I can say
                    What they are saying is 100% accurate. You can say what you need to say without getting down to finite details. It's all how you present it. Good luck to you. You'd be amazed at what some people say when they are interviewed.

Comment

If you say that during an interview, I will follow up and ask you to explain. Your response will almost always be negative or heard that way. That explanation and the follow-up takes time away from you showcasing why you should be hired, or what that manager/company has to offer you. After interviewing all day you want them to remember how much you have to offer them. You have changed jobs a few times already you want to minimize any other red flags that interviewers are looking for.
                      Last edited by -HIC-; 03-25-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Start your own business. Then “bad management” won’t be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          I have thought about it.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            That was my first thought. As an owner of a small company, If I want to take time away, I **** sure hope my employees are capable of handling it, that's why they work for me and why I pay them and treat them well.

All I can say is be positive. Maybe go with, the company is going a different direction and I don't see myself being a part of the new direction. That might sound less negative. If interviewer asks follow up questions, then you say something like, you don't feel your full abilities are being utilized like they would be at XYZ company.

Comment

Are you trying to get into a better new position or let everyone know how bad the last one was? You're looking at it wrong because your upset (doesn't matter if your right) but that won't help you or your potential new employer. What everyone saying is 100% true. You're hurting your own potential by showcasing your disgust for your current or previous employer. If that showed up in a resume or interview (unless I pressed for the info) it would go straight into the "no" pile.

Comment

Working...
                              X