Black Bear Hunt Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Bear Hunt Suggestions

So I would like to either plan a Spring Black Bear hunt or book an outfitter. I'm literally starting at step zero, know nothing about it. I did look into an outfitter in Alaska, which would be REALLY cool, but it looks like it is going to run in the range of $25K to do that hunt. While it isn't out of the question, I'm kind of looking around to see other options.

I used Big Tine Adventures in northern Alberta....3 of us went and we all shot P&Y bears. There is always the chance for a Booner and they have killed a several over 20" with the chance for color phase as well. When we went a couple years ago it was $5500 plus $1000 if you wanted a 2nd bear. If I wanted a 2nd bear I would definitely be heading his direction again.

Comment

I did DIY in Idaho and used bait. Lucked out and shot a monster. Good luck in your search.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
        I did DIY in Idaho and used bait. Lucked out and shot a monster. Good luck in your search.
        This would be cool, my wife loves Idaho. Can you PM me some tips on how you went about the planning, narrowing down an area, length of time etc? Not looking asking for the GPS coordinates to your bait pile!

Comment

My son and I went with

in 2018.

It's in Northern BC and is spot and stalk only(I think all of BC is). We did lots of riding and glassing, saw several bears every day and my son ended up getting 2, 6 ft+ bears. We did it with a rifle but closed the distance within bow range of plenty. Beautiful country with lots of bears!

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
            I used Big Tine Adventures in northern Alberta....3 of us went and we all shot P&Y bears. There is always the chance for a Booner and they have killed a several over 20" with the chance for color phase as well. When we went a couple years ago it was $5500 plus $1000 if you wanted a 2nd bear. If I wanted a 2nd bear I would definitely be heading his direction again.
            Do you have their website? I could not find it.

Comment

Be careful booking in Canada. Mine got delayed last year and I’m sure it’s going to get pushed back again over closed borders. 2 years smh

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                This would be cool, my wife loves Idaho. Can you PM me some tips on how you went about the planning, narrowing down an area, length of time etc? Not looking asking for the GPS coordinates to your bait pile!
                My PM box is nearly full. IDK if I had the right bait combination or if it was the honey burn but more than likely I just lucked into a good spot without realizing it. E-mail me and I’ll try and go back and find the recipe for the honey burn and try and remember what I used for bait. I think the reason my spot was so good was that it was away from the roads. The hound hunters do the majority of their hunting from the roads.

Pablo.davila@ymail.com

Comment

If you're interested in doing a boat based hunt, I would suggest Stikine Guide Service. Incredible experience and tons of bears.

Comment

DIY / semi guided in Alaska by boat
                    Hunt some of the most pristine bears in the world located right here in Alaska! 5 Nights 4 Days Alaska Bear Hunting Adventures ONLY $2,850 Per Hunter!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                      So I would like to either plan a Spring Black Bear hunt or book an outfitter. I'm literally starting at step zero, know nothing about it. I did look into an outfitter in Alaska, which would be REALLY cool, but it looks like it is going to run in the range of $25K to do that hunt. While it isn't out of the question, I'm kind of looking around to see other options.
                      If you’re really into the idea of hunting AK, I’d look around. I can’t think of any black bear hunt up there that would even come close to $25k. It can be done for no more than what a blacktail hunt costs or even cheaper. $5k is even still pretty high for a bear hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                        Be careful booking in Canada. Mine got delayed last year and I’m sure it’s going to get pushed back again over closed borders. 2 years smh
                        Yep. I'm in the same situation

Comment

I have a customer that hunts with Plum Lake Outfitters every year and is very happy with them. The guy hunts with a lot of outfitters and I respect his opinion, he talks very highly of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The annual TBH annual bear hunt in Quebec was outstanding. My P&Y [emoji199] is downright beautiful and a fraction of the cost.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you want a hunt over bait or float/river hunt ?

I nice float trip in British Columbia should be $3,500 - $4,500 based on past experience.

Look and see if you can find an outfitter out of Terrace B.C. - he took over the guide area where we hunted.
                              Last edited by wellingtontx; 01-25-2021, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X