NFR in Arlington!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFR in Arlington!!!

Well looks like it will be official tomorrow but the NFR will be held in Arlington at Globe Park this year. With the potential to possibly still have cowboy Christmas.

I hope they find a way to still have it as the wife and I enjoy the shopping at Cowboy Christmas!!

Looks like that will be a good revenue spike for Arlington area. I saw a report that said the NFR has a 200 million$$$ economic impact every year in Vegas.

That’s awesome! Always wanted to go in Vegas, but I’ll try a bit harder in the Lone Star.

Comment

Awesome they're coming....that area is going to be packed between Cowboy and HS playoff games.

Comment

Gonna be strange watching it in a different pen!

Comment

Been wanting to go to the NFR for years. Already told the wife I will be buying tickets for the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
            Well looks like it will be official tomorrow but the NFR will be held in Arlington at Globe Park this year. With the potential to possibly still have cowboy Christmas.

I hope they find a way to still have it as the wife and I enjoy the shopping at Cowboy Christmas!!

Looks like that will be a good revenue spike for Arlington area. I saw a report that said the NFR has a 200 million$$$ economic impact every year in Vegas.
            I wouldn't be surprised to see limited seating and no Cowboy Christmas. But I am glad to see they are going to have the NFR this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Gonna be strange watching it in a different pen!
              It will be interesting to see if they try to duplicate the Thomas and Mack or if they will make it a standard arena.

Comment

Won't be the same if not is Las Vegas. It will be a huge "shot in the arm" for Arlington and most of the cowboys and cowgirls won't have to travel as far. Short drive from Stephenville.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                  I wouldn't be surprised to see limited seating and no Cowboy Christmas. But I am glad to see they are going to have the NFR this year.
                  It will be limited seating I'm sure but even at 50% capacity it would still be roughly 5000 more than the Thomas and Mack

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    It will be interesting to see if they try to duplicate the Thomas and Mack or if they will make it a standard arena.
                    It will be tough to duplicate a basketball arena in an awkward shaped baseball stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      It will be limited seating I'm sure but even at 50% capacity it would still be roughly 5000 more than the Thomas and Mack
                      Which is a good thing, but I don't see them allowing Cowboy Christmas and stuff like that. Just the rodeo. But that is what the NFR is all about, Show casing the tip cowgirls and cowboys of that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        It will be tough to duplicate a basketball arena in an awkward shaped baseball stadium.
                        Leave it up to the PRCA to be able to make anything awkward. Just look what they did at the American.

Comment

I agree guys. Thats is one of the neat things about the NFR its tight and fast. It will be interesting to see how they lay out the pens. I had the same thoughts about how awkward it will be in a baseball diamond.

Comment

This is going to be interesting

Click image for larger version

Name:	NFR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	24629451

Comment

That is cool. My son wants to go. What is Globe Park?

Comment

Working...
                              X