Bellville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bellville

Who here lives in belville? Are you from there, or did you move there? How do you like it. Its probably not going to happen, but my wife wants to look into moving there, however I have heard that if you arent from there, you will be an outsider for life and never truly welcomed and included in things.

Just curious as to what others here know or have experienced.

Thx

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I live there. Grew up in Cat Spring, 8 miles away. I can see where the comment about not being part of the in crowd. But also think as in anywhere, if you get out and be apart of the community then you will be accepted.But I coach the 4-H Rifle team so I’m involved pretty heavy with lots of the youth. Guess I’m trying to say, I know outsiders who hated it and I’ve known outsiders who have never left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not from there but live in a town about the same size. It depends on the individuals. You have to learn to roll with the flow. Don't join organizations and try to change everything. Nobody cares how you did it wherever you moved from. That's where most of the newcomers problems come from. Things happen at a much slower pace than in the city.

Comment

I really wanna try out that meat market

Comment

We've been here for 11 years and didn't know a soul when we moved in. The kids were our avenue for meeting folks initially and we now have plenty of very good friends. It is a very tight community, but new folks are constantly moving in. Very glad we took the plunge when we did and our boys love living in a small town.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
            It's top shelf!

Comment

My wife and I lived there for a couple of years. I truly hate that we ever agreed to move back and take over a division of the family business. I'd move back tomorrow if given the chance. She made friends very easily, but she has that personality that draws people to her. I was content to only talk to the folks at the feed store but I never felt shut out by anyone. Just don't wade in and try to cause a stir and you won't have any issues

And yes, Bellville Meat Market is legit

Comment

Good info. Thx everyone. We may make a little drive today and look around at real estate.

Comment

My in-laws live there. They've been there 20 years or so now. I really enjoy the area, it's more or less a quiet town.
                  They live in town, lots are kinda small, but if you can find a few acres outside of town, I think it's an ideal place.
                  I always stop at the meat market for some treats to take back home.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    I'm not from there but live in a town about the same size. It depends on the individuals. You have to learn to roll with the flow. Don't join organizations and try to change everything. Nobody cares how you did it wherever you moved from. That's where most of the newcomers problems come from. Things happen at a much slower pace than in the city.
                    That is some of the best advice, should be posted at the city limits of all small towns and the Texas state line.

Comment

Folks say the same thing about Brenham. As long as you come in looking to meet and be polite, pretty much anybody will talk to you. We moved to New Ulm not knowing a soul and aint nobody been rude to us yet in 2.5 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        Good info. Thx everyone. We may make a little drive today and look around at real estate.

The wife of a buddy of mine sells real estate in the Bellville area. If you're in need of a realtor, let me know and I'll get her info. They actually live closer to Waller, but their kids go to Faith Academy in Bellville and they've become involved in the community. They love it for what it's worth. Good luck.

Comment

One item I forgot about small town living. You don't have to mind your own business, cause you will have plenty of volunteers doing it for you.

Comment

Small town living is a lot different. Every one wants to know your business. Hell they know more about you than you do

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post

It’s worth the drive ill have em do their sweet chipotle sausage with at least 1 deer every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X