Feeder Pin idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder Pin idea

I think I already know the answer, but I was wondering if anyone has used/tried
    rolled fence w/ bobwire (2 strands at the bottom) for a feeding pin?

Wanting to make a large pin for a feeder and cotton seed. Will the hogs tear this up in a week?

Hogs will get under barbwire at the bottom, even if they don't tear up the whole pen.

Comment

That's kinda what I figured, buy once cry once.

Comment

Barbed wire (in general) stops cows and that’s about it. And sometimes not even cows.

Comment

What is a feeder pin?

Comment

50"x16' Cattle Panels are the way to go. You can cut the height down in a few strategic places and that's where most will jump in.

Comment

I assume you’re talking about rolled goat fence w/ additional barbed wire added. I’ve used it in a couple of places. Both were in the woods where I was able to use trees and pull the fencing taught with a come a long and just filled in empty runs with t posts. It’s worked fine and never added any barbed wire. Whole lot easier carrying those rolls in thick woods than panels, not a whole lot cheaper.

Comment

It did not work for me and I also had trees available to stretch tight . They were under it in about 3 days .

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  What is a feeder pin?
                  I was waiting for it. LOL

Comment

Lots of work….. but I have and ran the barbed wire on the ground and wired at the T post and 2-3 spots between it will work.Mine started out for cows (very well fed and tended to) so it doesn’t take much I placed a solar fence charger for the top. But like I said it was cheaper for material but I spent way longer than I should have on building it

Comment

What is a feeder pin?
                      I have a buddy that can tell you.......drives me up the wall, lol.

Comment

Round panel pen is your friend. Overlap one square
                        Two posts per panel. I run a single strand of barbed
                        Wire along the top for cattle.

Comment

What is a feeder pin?
                          Where you can see the exact location of a particular feeder on Google maps

Comment

What is a feeder pin?
                            What is bobwire?

Comment

Do it once and be done with it (I tried barbwire lol). Hog panels/or cattle panels 8-12 w t-posts and cut it lower where your best shot is gonna be.

Comment

Working...
                              X