2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Has anyone used the kast king braid or Chinese braid from Amazon? The price seems right just don’t want it to be junk.

It will be going on my kids and wife’s spinning setups so I think it will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Has anyone used the kast king braid or Chinese braid from Amazon? The price seems right just don’t want it to be junk.

It will be going on my kids and wife’s spinning setups so I think it will be fine.

I fished with the Chinese yellow braid all day yesterday and it worked fine. I even caught this 30+ red with no issues.
      Attached Files

Comment

I bought some at the fishing show a few years ago, guy was selling it for $8 a spool. I bought several, that’s what I’m still using today.

Comment

Has anyone used the Chinese braid from Amazon? The price seems right just don’t want it to be junk.
          Even though I have said I gotten away from braid, its still on all my catfish gear. Cheap china braid and does fine. Its probably all Dyneema.

Comment

I got some camo stuff from china that sucks!!!

Comment

I bought some 30lbs calamus bastion braid. Their fishing consist of a popping cork and shrimp so I think they should be fine. If not I’m out like $30.

Comment

I ordered some power pro braid off of Amazon. I have not used it yet, but putting it on a reel when I get down there later in the week. This is just a shot in the dark. I will update after I give it a try.

Comment

Just a quick fishing report (although a late one). We hit Baffin Friday. Had a mix of fishing experience on boat so I picked up some shrimp and croaker. We had a good day. 9 solid slot trout, a couple flatties, and both undersized reds and drum. We were mainly in places where I fish for trout so the red/drum was more of a bonus than a disappointment. I do not get into the live v artificial debate. I have no issues either way. That being said, I never use live bait because I do not like dragging the bait boxes around or rebaiting that often. Out of the entire catch mentioned above, only 1 slot trout was caught on live bait. The rest on artificial. Of course the less experienced were using the live bait which I am sure is an important variable. Anyway, it was a decent day and was glad to be in the water and hooking up some fish. Looking forward to the upcoming weekend. Hopefully with the restricted limits south the holiday weekend traffic will be less than usual. I didnt take any pics. My son may have, if so I will post some if he has them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                    Why do you run or suggest braid? Thanks in advance
                    Less stretch, no memory and it lasts a long time. I take a great many folks fishing who never set the hook or set it pretty weakly. I need all the help I can get on hooking fish.

Comment

I have used the cheap braid off Amazon and Ebay for years now for my spinning setups. There is good and not so good out there. You have to kinda wade through it to figure out what will work for you. I have been buying some off Amazon the last few years that is sold under the brand name Hercules. You can get 1000 meters of line for about $28. They have 4 strand and 8 strand braid. I use the 4 strand 30# on all my spinning reels and have for several years now. Thousands of fish of all sizes have been caught on it. I have never had a single issue with the line. It works great and is way cheaper than name brand braid.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        I have used the cheap braid off Amazon and Ebay for years now for my spinning setups. There is good and not so good out there. You have to kinda wade through it to figure out what will work for you. I have been buying some off Amazon the last few years that is sold under the brand name Hercules. You can get 1000 meters of line for about $28. They have 4 strand and 8 strand braid. I use the 4 strand 30# on all my spinning reels and have for several years now. Thousands of fish of all sizes have been caught on it. I have never had a single issue with the line. It works great and is way cheaper than name brand braid.

I didn’t see the Hercules brand but did find some 4 strand 30 with pretty good reviews. I will be spool the reels Thursday when I get it. Will probably put some on a baitcaster too just to give it a fair shake.

Comment

Many of the chinese braid brands are selling the same identical stuff. Comes from the same place. You just have to find one that works for you.

The bad thing about Calamus is they tend to brand some assorted fishing item and it'll be somthing you like and when they sell thru it you can't get it anymore. I like their 9" fillet knife but you can't get them now. They don't do real well at keeping stuff available.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                            Many of the chinese braid brands are selling the same identical stuff. Comes from the same place. You just have to find one that works for you.

The bad thing about Calamus is they tend to brand some assorted fishing item and it'll be somthing you like and when they sell thru it you can't get it anymore. I like their 9" fillet knife but you can't get them now. They don't do real well at keeping stuff available.

I found them in stock on Amazon for $20. 5”, 7”, 9” and 9” strong.

Comment

Gear pic for the purists, let the flogging begin!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by tmurray; 05-25-2021, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Are we having fun yet?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X