No announcement yet.

New Truck Shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can’t understand why everything has to be so computerized now. They’re nothing but problem after problem.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      I've seen lots filling back up again. Ford AutoNation Katy was almost empty two Mondays ago, went there today and it was 1/3 full again. Same with the Mac haik down the road.

They may be redirecting some of these trucks to the larger markets, but it appears trucks are already filling back up.

Also, these trucks sitting in huge parking lots waiting on chips won't magically become a 2022 because that's when the chip got put in it. The vin numbers are already on them. As others said, the warranty will still be there, so I wouldn't worry about buying one personally. That said, I'm holding out 10 more years until the 3/4 tons have a hybrid setup and make tons more power.
      Why we gotta wait 10 yrs lol.
      In 2005 I believe, a guy had a Chevy at the Sema show, with electric engines on each wheel, and a 4cyl I believe for the generator.
      1000+ ftlbs of torque, 800hp, and 100+ miles to the gallons.
      It's not new tech.
      Big oil lobbying the hang up, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        I just can’t understand why everything has to be so computerized now. They’re nothing but problem after problem.
        100%!
        I hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          Bailouts a coming....
          This has been my thinking as well, it’s a matter of time before they start getting those hand outs to keep them alive again. Maybe it’s a push for more people to go electric . Im joking kinda but I wouldn’t put much past these democrooks these days lol

Comment

This shortage has been on for 6 months already and now into computers, cell phones, etc. big picture 22,000 trucks is probably 3 to 5 per dealership not a big deal and most are probably commercial vehicles, work trucks not all the high end ones driven around here. All vehicle mfgs are in the same boat for a while.

Comment

I'm usually not too worried about my truck getting stolen, it would be an excuse to shop for a new one.

With this chip thing going on I'm starting to worry about a planned trip towards the border coming up in my 250. I'm hoping I can just pull a fuse of some sorts while parked in a hotel parking lot overnight.

Comment

Nice and rats will take a toll on some of the wiring depending on their storage.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  Why we gotta wait 10 yrs lol.
                  In 2005 I believe, a guy had a Chevy at the Sema show, with electric engines on each wheel, and a 4cyl I believe for the generator.
                  1000+ ftlbs of torque, 800hp, and 100+ miles to the gallons.
                  It's not new tech.
                  Big oil lobbying the hang up, or what?
                  Link to this truck? I just searched a couple key terms, nothing really came up.

And yes, I think it will be 10 more years before it's reliable and can be mass produced for cheap enough that it can be thrown in trucks. McLaren, Porsche, and Ferrari had this tech 5 years ago in their top cars.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Link to this truck? I just searched a couple key terms, nothing really came up.

And yes, I think it will be 10 more years before it's reliable and can be mass produced for cheap enough that it can be thrown in trucks. McLaren, Porsche, and Ferrari had this tech 5 years ago in their top cars.
                    I'll see if I can find it.
                    He made quiet a splash with it from I remember.

Comment

I know a General Manager at a Ram dealer. They had record profits the last two months.
                      Selling limited inventories at sticker or right at sticker and more. Seems to me with that going on we may have limited inventories when trucks become available to keep higher profits. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                        The trucks will still be under full warranty and likely discounted considerably.
                        yep, with no parts to repair them. Just in time!! Still say it's gonna bite USA in the rear end some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                          I wouldn’t think there will be many issues with them sitting?? No difference than the vehicles sitting on the lot for a year before they sell...
                          I hope they treated that awesome ethanol gas left to sit in all those brand new vehicles before parking them for a year, or at least used ethanol free gas.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                            I hope they treated that awesome ethanol gas left to sit in all those brand new vehicles before parking them for a year, or at least used ethanol free gas.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                            They don't have any computers in them... how would they have parked them? Wouldn't they have been towed to those lots?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

China's controlling the commerce market by holding back the electronics needed in multiple markets.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackal View Post
                                China's controlling the commerce market by holding back the electronics needed in multiple markets.
                                The chips that are in shortage come from the lone manufacturer in Taiwan. China only wishes they had that technology.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X