Anyone run dual FF on a center console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone run dual FF on a center console?

Considering keeping the HDS I have for sale in the classifieds and just buying a Garmin head unit to link to the one on the bow. Both would be 9” units so I used the current Lowrance to do a photoshop mock up of what it would look like using a bass boat style dual mount.

Thoughts? I don’t really want to just stick it on the top of the console, plus it would block more of my view up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks sweet!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have mine on the top on ram mounts I'm tall enough to see over the console.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

not really ...but I run 2. Echomap at the helm and the older unit on the trolling motor head since my trolling motor is a manual bow mount I can watch the display up front without walking back to the console to check on things.

Comment

Why do you want two?

Comment

That thing is gonna get beat to death mounted like that. Best to mount on top of console. Maybe move it to the right corner angled back towards the helm.

Comment

Why?

Comment

He's probably going to use one for mapping and the other for side image or down.

Comment

I have 2 on my console. One (lowrance 7") mounted to the top using the supplied gambrel and one h-bird 10" flush mounted. I run the lowrance for full screen mapping and the bird for side and down scan

IMO mounted correctly the unit wont get beat up. The console is gonna be about the smoothest place to ride on the whole boat.

If anything I'd use a RAM mount for the second so you can angle it the way you want

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                    Why do you want two?

I guess us salts don’t understand why it takes so many electronics to catch fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      He's probably going to use one for mapping and the other for side image or down.

This guy gets it

Comment

I put mine on ram mounts on top . If you put them in console sometimes the glare will get you especially on your fish finder. I put a extra piece or starboard on top of my console for extra strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          I guess us salts don’t understand why it takes so many electronics to catch fish.

In reality it dont take 87lbs of tackle and a 300 dollar rod and reel set up either

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                            Why do you want two?
                            Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Why?

Mainly because when you are trying to follow a ledge in 30' of water looking for schools of hybrids, or side scanning areas looking for structure in deeper water it helps to have the large screen. When you split the screen to have the map and side imaging running then each screen is 1/2 the size. Run 2 graphs and you have a full screen map and then you have a full screen for sonar/side imaging. Does that help with the understanding?

Comment

I run a 12" HDS on the console and have 3 units on the bow. Considering adding a 4th! Looks like a space shuttle on the bow! We run Lowrance with Navionics and a HB with Lakemasters in tourneys. Some lakes Navionics has mapped better and others Lakemasters is better. Grenada on either arm and Table Rock on the far S end Navionics is worthless! currently running 6 batteries! Might change the dedicated electronics batteries to lithiums before too long.

Comment

Working...
                              X