Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'HEY OLD GUYS'--This describe you or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW! WHAT A RIDE'---Hunter S Thompson
    To a T. I tell everyone ,I will have plenty of time to rest when I'm dead. My dad used to tell me all the hard walking I did in the marsh would show up later in life. He was right,but I'm still putting the miles on me at 60. No time to stop. Getting old ain't for sissies is true! LOL! Some mornings I crawl down the hall, because my ankles & knees hurt so bad, but after a bit they are fine. Got prostate problems, runs in the family, so I know about the gravity feed! LOL! I get around a lot better than a lot of younger guys & can work from can till can't if need be. I have had a Great life & would do it all over again if I could. I have been truly blessed!
    Last edited by DUKFVR; 05-14-2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      I don’t think so......I could have slid in sideways a few years ago, but you got to build up some speed to slide.....
      Just wait till the next freeze, ya don't need as much speed to slide, when ya got ice.

Comment

100% me but I'm only 55. Is that old?

Comment

I plan on that exact life path. If I die fishing or the other f-ing im good with that. Ive lived hard. Grappled with pro fighters, backpacked most states in US, have hardware in shoulders, lower back, ankle, and missing a kidney from trauma and I feel like Im just getting started.

Comment

My greatest fear is being in a "home". They'll have to lock the doors and tie me down if they think I'd stay.

Comment

I really believe that the GS and our time spent here looking at, replying to, and staying connected, helps our minds stay young and active. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. What i tell my wife when she asks "You still talking on TBH"?

Comment

I want to live long enough tone a burden on my loved ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                  I want to live long enough tone a burden on my loved ones!
                  ALREADY A BURDEN TO MY WIFE.

Comment

At 67, I have lived through some foolish behavior in the past that I will try my best not to repeat in the future. I'd like to see my grandchildren at least graduate and that will take me to 84 if my kids don't have anymore.

Comment

I never treated my body like a temple. It has been used more as an amusement park. It shows too. I turned 70 last week. I have reached the point that if it doesn't hurt, it doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                        Your getting close but not until you get one of these !
                        Well crud. I guess I qualify.

Big pig

Comment

My 58 year old hips are talking to me. I spent half a day up a 24' ladder trimming trees. My plan is to keep moving until the Lord calls me home.

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
                            My 58 year old hips are talking to me. I spent half a day up a 24' ladder trimming trees. My plan is to keep moving until the Lord calls me home.
                            You're an animal. I couldn't spend a half hour up a ladder, much less half a day.

Comment

I’m well on my way to reliving a worn out Body to the undertaker:-)

Comment

Well, at 69 I bought some land and built two shops(his and hers) , a building for our gardening stuff, a man cave (indoor/outdoor kitchen) and am about halfway finished with our house. I’m doing everything by myself except the A/C unit, just because I can’t purchase the units myself.
                                I was a home builder for 46 years and for 14 of those years was a full time cop on 2nd and 3rd shift so I could build during the day.
                                Just got off my mower after cutting 8 acres today.
                                Yes I have one of those medicianal organizers and it’s my best friend.
                                BUT....life is what you make it and it sure is easier with the Good Lord to lean on.
                                BTW...TBH is my Google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X