No announcement yet.

Anybody use/like electric chainsaws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best way to buy a Dewalt chainsaw/pole saw and batteries? I see you usually have to buy batteries separate. Then there are like 3 different kinds of the 60v Flexvolt. A lot to consider. Anyone know of some good combo kits or best places to watch for good deals? Thanks

Comment

I have both corded and battery. As long as you have access to power to either recharge or generator. They are the best.

Bar oil and the **** thing starts every freaking time.

Comment

Greenworks pole saw here, I had to take breaks before the battery did...filled my 16 ft trailer piled high 3 times in a day.

Comment

I have a garage sale $5 Remington electric I’ve had for about 8 years I’ve almost wore out. I have cut some huge logs with it and when it dies I’ll buy another cheap electric one to replace it. I also have a ryobi pole saw that’s been worth every cent I spent on it.

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
            This was pretty interesting to see.

I am guessing that the EGO brand is not as good as any of the others. Didnt even make a showing on this and Ryobi did.

J
            I’ll give an unbiased report on mine when I get it and work the crud out of it

Comment

I bought a Stihl based on lots of good reviews on here, and it isn't any better than others I bought. Hard to start and keep running. So I bought a Makita dual battery 36 volt Chainsaw and it is a beast.

Comment

I’ve got a Home Depot pruning saw that has a removable pole. Great for branches and small trees. Think it’s was $80. Would recommend.

Comment

Good thread, just bought the dewalt yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    Milwaukee here, no issues other than the battery cost as much as the saw.
                    You can get a nice gas Stihl for the $600 you'll spend on the battery & saw.
                    Mom has a Ryobi she's been using for 7yrs now.
                    Thing still runs like a champ, and I've used the dog out of it.
                    They fill a niche, and are extremely convenient at times.
                    Long ways from replacing a good gas saw though.

Best summary for these tools.

Like comparing a moped to a motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                      I have a DeWalt battery operated chainsaw and I really like it.
                      My hunting buddy has a DeWalt and its awesome! Light enough for us old fellows to use and we cut plenty of fire wood with it!

Comment

I have a Worx 18" 15 amp. Love it

Just wish it was cordless, but it comes in very handy around the house.

Comment

I have a DeWalt, it's okay for light work; I use the Stihl for dealing with more than a couple of cedars though.

Comment

I love my small $200 echo. Just nice to add gas, oil and go IMHO.

Comment

Anybody use/like electric chainsaws?

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                              I’ll give an unbiased report on mine when I get it and work the crud out of it

I’ll keep an eye out for your review.
                              I just picked up the EGO hedge trimmers and the multihead system (with string trimmer and edger).

I’m thinking about doing the rotary scissors mod to replace the string trimmer. I’m very impressed with their performance so far and am considering continuing with the product line and getting the mower and chainsaw. That would put me with 4 separate batteries from 2.5Ah up to 10Ah...
                              that would be enough batteries to fill a chain for sure.

Heck, EGO even has a zero turn that will cut 2 acres on a single charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                                I love my small $200 echo. Just nice to add gas, oil and go IMHO.

Most folks that have switched to battery power have said something similar in favor of the electrics...

"Nice to pull the trigger and it works....no bad gas, no toting gas on bumpy lease roads or starting issues with batteries"...

Comment

Working...
                                X