Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Athens

Comment

North end of Toledo Bend. Lots of National Forest so not lots of houses. South end has way more traffic. I live on the lake near Huxley Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        This is so true Fork is loaded

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
        Don’t listen to this guy!! Conroe! That’s the lake for you!!

Comment

Do not move to Richland Chambers, especially the south side!

Comment

Amistad

No contest. Beautiful scenery, top notch fishing, little traffic, big water.

Comment

I'd pick either Richland Chambers or Limestone. Prices of lots and houses are outrageous though. It's too late for me at this stage of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                Do not move to Richland Chambers, especially the south side!

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                I'd pick either Richland Chambers or Limestone. Prices of lots and houses are outrageous though. It's too late for me at this stage of life.
                Do not listen to this man ^^^^!! There are no fish in it....

Comment

LBJ is an amazing lake.

It's upstream and three dams from Austin, but somehow all the garbage from Austin ends up floating there.

And even more amazingly, the meth heads in Kingsland who can't afford to paint their house trailers can still afford a boat, cigarettes, gas and beer to drag their bloated, tattooed carcasses out to the sandbars.

And, they have lots of free time to go to the lake because none of them are working, which also explains why the service is crap at most of the local restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    LBJ is an amazing lake.

It's upstream and three dams from Austin, but somehow all the garbage from Austin ends up floating there.

And even more amazingly, the meth heads in Kingsland who can't afford to paint their house trailers can still afford a boat, cigarettes, gas and beer to drag their bloated, tattooed carcasses out to the sandbars.

And, they have lots of free time to go to the lake because none of them are working, which also explains why the service is crap at most of the local restaurants.
                    Its funny you bring up meth heads. I used to think they were all in E. Texas but the 'drug bust in Brady' thread and now your comment tells me they are all over the place!

Comment

Depends what you are looking for in life. If you want to be a water rat make sure you pick someplace you can drive boat up and eat and get gas. If you are just looking for lake view and gonna put boat on trailer I would look into Corps lakes with no lake boat docks. They seem less crowded and nice shorelines

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                        Its funny you bring up meth heads. I used to think they were all in E. Texas but the 'drug bust in Brady' thread and now your comment tells me they are all over the place!
                        They're in Llano too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Choosing a lake in TX to live on

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                          No one has mentioned lake Livingston. I always enjoyed chasing whites on it but that was years ago. Did tweakers take it over?

Jen and I built a house on Lake Livingston in 2015, we thought we’d retire to some day. Outstanding fishing for catfish and white bass. Good crappie fishing. The lake was awesome! The surrounding areas are not.

Sold it and bought more land. If I’m gonna have tweakers for neighbors, I don’t want to have to see them.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by curtintex; 05-03-2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                            Cypress Springs
                            Cypress would be my pick as well. Beautiful lake with great crappie fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Ain’t no such thing as “constant level” when it stops raining...

True. Lots of folks living on Lake Granbury who were told by their realtors that this was a constant level lake....until the drought a few years ago.

Comment

Somewhere we’re it rains a bunch, east Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X