Metal Decretive Gate and Fence Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Decretive Gate and Fence Help

Need some help/advice on replacing this fence with a metal fence and gate.

Would it be possible to make the gate a sliding gate instead of a swinging one?

Anyone have recommendations in Houston area?

As always thanks for the help!
    Attached Files

I’m sure there’s someone that can do that. Essentially it would just be two sections of fixed fence (easy) with a middle section on a rail. I don’t have any recommendations for a company to do it though, but it doesn’t seem to be a difficult concept.

Comment

Bob Pool on here... Draco. He does custom gates like that.

Comment

I’m guessing it’s gonna be difficult to get that gate to slide with the arch on top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah the wooden gate is mine.

The metal gate in my picture is just an example of a decorative metal gate....not mine.

I need to purchase everything for the metal upgrade.

Comment

Something like the ornamental gate you have pictured can be made to slide. In that example, just put your tracks on the solid portion of the gate, and don’t use the arch part for that. Make your tracks be in line with your mating fence horizontal runners, and it’ll be fairly easy to disguise. You would be “capturing” your rollers, wheels, or whatever, with the type of setup I’m talking bout. That way whether closed or open, it’ll still have tracks over rollers. Clear as mud I’m sure. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

It could be a slider but the hardware needed makes it ugly. You could keep the wood fence and just install a new gate. Here's some examples.
              Attached Files

Comment

With all that I said that you very well “could” make it a slider... Even disguising the tracks along the horizontal runners of the fence, it would be hard to hide the sliding portion enough to where it ain’t abit ugly, as Draco said. He’s right in that regard. Would a slider function good in your scenario? Yes. Would it look as good/clean as a hinged gate like in Draco’s pics? Nope. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                Last edited by spidermonkey; 04-30-2021, 08:48 AM. Reason: Forgetful

Comment

Working...
                X