PSA - dumb welding mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA - dumb welding mistake

So here’s an obvious one that I just learned the hard way. Don’t leave your auto darkening welding mask facing a light. Now, that’s a learning lesson for me or anyone, but the reason I’m ticked about it is that I skipped my own self-imposed safety step to check the auto darkening function on my mask. Instead, I threw it on and started welding. Instantly knew something was wrong and stopped, but I coulda wrecked my eyes. I did have a spot for a minute or so but my eyes are ok.

The low battery light on my mask wasn’t blinking, which is another safety feature that failed but that would have easily been caught had I checked my mask before starting. I’m going to replace the battery and see if it works, but I otherwise think I’ve earned myself a new nicer mask and will probably upgrade anyway.

Be careful out there. Playing around with lightning and fire is fun, but don’t get complacent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Close call, glad you're okay.

Comment

I've worn mine while facing a light many times & never had an issue. Yours is faulty.

Comment

Good push MrM. Thanks.

I dont weld but will. Filing this away for retrieval.

Comment

The lens still protects your eyes whether it is on or not. You will be fine.

Comment

Working...
          X