No announcement yet.

how long you known your wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw my wife at a good friends house one night in 2005. My friend had always mentioned she had a roommate but I never saw her till that night. When I saw her I was in love, fast forward to June 2006 my friends brother was deploying and we had a dinner for him and my friends roommate ended up coming to dinner. I asked her for her number and she got that deer in the headlights look and asked “why?!”. Managed to convince her to give me her number but didn’t call her for about 6 months. I was obnoxious drinking fool and finally quit drinking and we met up one evening online and started chatting. Approximately 1 year after asking for her number we got married, it’ll be 14 yrs this June. Not always easy but we took our vows to heart and I don’t wanna do this again. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree and just continue to love one another through it.

Comment

Met her in April of 2017, she moved in two weeks later, and we married in April 21, 2018. Can’t believe it’s been four years.

Comment

We hired her when she was 16 to work part time as a cashier @ Norman Lumber in Granbury. She married her HS sweetheart a coupla years later & followed his military career for a few years until the marriage dissolved. By then I’d taken a management position @ another lumber yard, she got in touch with some of our old co-workers & tracked me down. I had been single for many years. We eventually spoke on the phone and decided to meet for dinner to discuss old times. We were always ONLY friends...until then. She was 26 & I was 40 when we started dating. We married a 2 years later and will celebrate our 14th anniversary in June.
        Attached Files

Comment

37 yearrrrs. Been married 35 of em.

Comment

I sat right across from mine in the 3rd grade. Our school desks faced each other. We started dating in the 9th grade and all through high school. We both graduated high school in 2014 and married June 9 2018.

Comment

my friend at work wanted me to take his sister out, kept bugging me,
              finally we met and been together since, its been rough, i made it very hard for her to stay with me, many a times her suitcases packed ready to take the kids, but it has been 28 years. to late in the game to change,, she is stuck with me until the end

Congrates Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Your wife sounds awesome.......you sound like a slow learner. Congrats on a lifetime relationship with her.
                Ditto

I don't have a wife but I met my husband 23 years ago. Married for 22 years in August.

Comment

Together for 16 married 11.

Comment

Met in 1989 in college. Her car battery died and a girl brought her over to see if I could help.

Married in 1993.

Someone asked above about advice. Mine is “remember it’s not always like the movies. There will be tough days. Just don’t quit.”

Comment

I always said I would try just about anything once.
                      Friday will be 38 years.
                      After all the ups and downs we were blessed with 3 good sons and 8 of the best grandchildren in the world.
                      I’m glad this came up because I might have forgot our anniversary AGAIN!
                      And I still might.
                      The first time I laid eyes on her it was love at first sight.
                      She was waiting on tables in a restaurant.
                      I like being married.

Comment

Since 1998 while we were in the Marines. Started dating in 2001 and married in 2002.

She lucked out. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                          Ditto

I don't have a wife but I met my husband 23 years ago. Married for 22 years in August.
                          He must have robbed the cradle if you have been married for 22 years. You arent old enough to have been married that long!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            He must have robbed the cradle if you have been married for 22 years. You arent old enough to have been married that long!

Haha! I was 19 when we got married!

Comment

Good Stuff. We met in high school, going on 16 years married and next month is 19 years together. I was 18, told her last year i've had her longer than I didn't. We are where were at because of her 100%. She has put up with a lot, surprised she stayed sometimes and wouldn't blame her for not, but dang glad she did. Everyone jokes about women, but most of us guys are jerks at times. Growing up is hard, growing up together can be tough. No big secrets- don't be unfaithful above all, talk about spending more than $x even if it's a fight, let the little crap go. Talk about it or fight about it and let it go if you aren't leaving over it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                                Wow! A lot of great stories here and a LOT of institutional knowledge in this group.

Given the length of time you’ve been married, I’m curious to know what each of you would say is the secret to your success, because, without exception, each of you appears to have found immense happiness in your relationships.

So, how about it? What is the one bit of advice you would share with someone considering the institution of holy matrimony?
                                Marriage has it’s peaks and valleys but Nobody said it would be easy! You have to fight for it if you really want it ! Pray with your Spouse every chance you get! Give your Spouse equally alone time as you do with your children! Work very hard on agreeing to disagree especially on how to raise your children! 1 spouse can not be the Bad person when dealing with child behaviors- it’s just Not right! Always ask how your Spouses day was and if not good then show them compassion!
                                Every morning Begin Again! Do not go to bed angry with your loved one try hard to ( eat some crow) and get the situation settled! It’s so easy to say “ I’M Sorry” if done from within your heart! Young’ns - Do not take the Vow of Marriage lightly you need to discern this with every single bit of your heart before taking this solemn vow because it is a 1time commitment that should last you your entire life!
                                Last edited by Bucknaked; 04-21-2021, 09:57 AM. Reason: Fat finger

Comment

Working...
                                X