Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From now on, I'm a hardass on selling stuff here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From now on, I'm a hardass on selling stuff here....

And the page just finally uploaded and I’m behind, yet again.

Go ahead you terds, ridicule me![emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
      Great. Now all the spider monkeys are going to be offended...

I literally can’t be offended. Cause I don’t give a **** what anyone thinks. As my granddad used to say: nobody can get your goat, unless you tell him where it’s tied.[emoji23]

Comment

Should have know better when he said his name was Casper

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          As a seller, it's also on you to read the person you are dealing with, and deal accordingly.
          This will save a lot of grief once you learn to read it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I know who you are, and how long you’ve been around, and always enjoyed you insight.

I’m a good christian boy, grew up in the church every Sunday I wasn’t hunting, fishing, or bleeding profusely, and I bled on the carpet some. Learning about “Jews” back then, I didn’t realize they were considered a “race”, for lack of a better term, and maybe that’s not a good term. I always thought of Jews, like Catholics, like, Baptists, or Jehovas witnesses....basically a different church with different rules....but all god fearin folks who’s differences weren’t big enough to discuss at any point.

Maybe I’m naive, or maybe its WHERE I was raised, but I heard the term “jewed him down” all my life and never put 2 and 2 together until I was some bit older. I don’t use it now, but maybe around my Jewish friends as a joke, who could care less (where you at Humper).

I don’t need to tell you how to think anymore than I need to tell Curt. But if you rolled down to either of out camps and called us a couple Methodists/baptists/Catholics/Gentiles, or much else, it wouldn’t draw a glance, and you’d be welcome just the same.

Not trying to play either side, neither of you need my help, just offering perspective.

Maybe we should take context into account before we find something offensive. I DO know you’d have to go a **** sight further to offend me. I won’t speak for Curt, as we’ve not met....but he seems a little “flakeish”.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I totally hear you, Dale. And appreciate the point about context. I grew up in NYC in the great melting pot, and you can just imagine the racial, religious, and all manner of epithets we hurled at each other. And all in humor. It was a way to bridge divides.

I'd like to think I have a thick skin and a good sense of humor. But as mentioned, Jews have to be vigilant. Not meaning to be all dramatic and what not, but it was only 70 years ago that 6 million of us were wiped off the face of the planet. And it all began with words.

Anyway, I'm heading off to catch some zzzzz's. Thanks for sharing your perspective and keeping it civil. 'Preciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
              I mean just say you don't want it. From now on, it's for sale until money in hand. Fool me once.
              I don’t disagree at all. I’ve been hit with all kinds of weird PMs on my sale items including “I’ll take it” and then getting ghosted only to ask “what happened?” and then get a response of “my wife said no”...

We all have wives. Whatever. A response would be courteous. Then I’ve also gotten messages with tentative language like “I think I want it”...

As far as I’m concerned it’s for sale till I have clear AFFIRMATIVE language saying “I will take it” and a firm confirmation on time/place. After that if the buyer goes silent and I can’t reach them within a day or so, they’re fair game to anyone else.

Comment

Born and raised in Jasper, TX, just waiting on the day when I can pull my “Hey you Redneck” card. Got a feeling I’m still a long ways from that. Anywho, if I have a deal on classifieds that goes south, I’m putting that ****ers name on here, quick.

Comment

Originally posted by ny bowhunter View Post
                  I totally hear you, Dale. And appreciate the point about context. I grew up in NYC in the great melting pot, and you can just imagine the racial, religious, and all manner of epithets we hurled at each other. And all in humor. It was a way to bridge divides.

I'd like to think I have a thick skin and a good sense of humor. But as mentioned, Jews have to be vigilant. Not meaning to be all dramatic and what not, but it was only 70 years ago that 6 million of us were wiped off the face of the planet. And it all began with words.

Anyway, I'm heading off to catch some zzzzz's. Thanks for sharing your perspective and keeping it civil. 'Preciate it.

You’re one of my new favorites. I get what you’re saying, but this isn’t 1939. We are your brothers. You don’t have to be vigilant with us. You’re one of us!

Comment

Wow, this thread took off.

I have been on the loser end of deals both as buyer and seller. I've bought things that were misrepresented. Things that were supposed to work, but then didn't until I put $1k into fixing it.
                    I have agreed to buy things and the seller "ghosts" me by not showing up and never answers another message.
                    I've had buyers agree to meet FTF with me meeting them in their own home town and then they don't show. Literally -- recently, my husband was in Houston for an archery shoot (3 hours from our house). I was selling ammo and the buyer who lives nearby said he was on his way, be there is 20 minutes. An hour later my husband calls & texts, gets no answer, waits 10 minutes, calls again and the dude's 3 year old answers the phone and he says in the background "no!" and the phone hangs up. Never heard from him again. He's been on TBH for over 10 years. (I sold the ammo today to a person I know well)
                    Had another guy agree to meet my TBH express person at said location and time, he showed up 30 minutes early. He never contacted my person, but when my person texted to say "on the way, be there in 15 (on time)", he responded he was tired of waiting and threw everything in the trash, at a very large truck stop. Fortunately he was donating it and I wasn't out money but it was darn sure gone!!!

I have also met great people on here through buying and selling. Meeting up with someone, spending 30 minutes and sharing a coke, you find out how much you have in common. Like it used to be in the days gone by. In general, the people here have the same common ethics and morals. I don't have to worry about them being critical of the gun sticker on my truck or the deer hunting equipment.

My point being, we have all had bad deals. It's aggravating and frustrating. It sucks. But it's all part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      You’re one of my new favorites. I get what you’re saying, but this isn’t 1939. We are your brothers. You don’t have to be vigilant with us. You’re one of us!

Amen

Comment

And NY Bowhunter, I have never met Curtintx but I’ve read his post on here for many years, and he seems like one of the more standup guys we have. You need to be more mindful of throwing **** out there like that. Take that **** to a PM with him and y’all figure it out.

Comment

I’ve been known to honor a deal as well.[emoji6]

Yessir, you sure did!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
                            And NY Bowhunter, I have never met Curtintx but I’ve read his post on here for many years, and he seems like one of the more standup guys we have. You need to be more mindful of throwing **** out there like that. Take that **** to a PM with him and y’all figure it out.

Curt wasn’t the one who said it. He was just trying to diffuse the offended.

Comment

I understand. Nobody in History has been more oppressed and done more in spite of it. I admit, I use the term, and also have the utmost respect for the Jewish people. I don’t want to offend you or anyone else and if that term is offensive to you, I apologize and you’ll never hear me use it. But I can assure you it’s never meant as derogatory. Hell, you’re God’s chosen people. I sure don’t want to **** y’all off! [emoji23]

I refuse to stop referring to people from Arkansas as “sister humpers” though. [emoji6]

Hold on now. I grew up in Arkansas and my wife and I are deeply offended by your disrespectful comment calling Arkys sister humpers. I have known my wife my whole life, still remember the day mom gave birth to her.

On topic, I have bought and sold quite a few items here over the years and all were positive. Hate to hear about deals gone bad.
                              Last edited by rjet; 03-23-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Curt wasn’t the one who said it. He was just trying to diffuse the offended.
                                Well ****, you’re right, reading comprehension not to friendly with me tonight. I would have still handled that accusation on here with a pm though.

Comment

Working...
                                X