Single cam bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single cam bows

What new bows are out there that are single cams?

Always shot mathews bought a vertix and I'm thinking I want a single cam vs the dual cam.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

for the life of me i can not see any reason to buy a single cam anymore,,, for the same speed the dual cam bow has an easier draw cycle,, for the same poundage the two cam bows are almost always noticeably faster ,,, and with the shorter string they tend to stay in time better...

I realize sometimes it is just a preference, but other than that I see no reason or advantage to a single cam

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
      for the life of me i can not see any reason to buy a single cam anymore,,, for the same speed the dual cam bow has an easier draw cycle,, for the same poundage the two cam bows are almost always noticeably faster ,,, and with the shorter string they tend to stay in time better...

I realize sometimes it is just a preference, but other than that I see no reason or advantage to a single cam
      I am going to have to agree with this statement.

Comment

I agree with the above, BUT the xpedition xception gets a ton of praise if you're set on a single cam

Comment

I have loved my solocam bows. If you can find a z7 or z3 somewhere, buy it, and keep for eternity. Have z3 now and love it. Only sold my z7 because I wanted 70# limbs and cost way to much to get them switched out.

Get the bow you like. It matters not the opinions of any of us. New solo cams are not a thing anymore, but plenty of them in circulation.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a single cam bow, I still shoot one that’s 11 yrs old. As far as new bows, I don’t know anyone that makes one these days. Probably going to have to find a used one for the best luck.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post

This. Why?

Like saying I want a 3 wheeler instead of a 4 wheeler.

Comment

Well...guess I'll stick with my DXT then.

I didnt realize that single cam was old technology. The vertix shoots nice I just shoot the DXT better.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Single cam bows

There have been some great ones over the years. The Mathews Switchback, XT version and the z7 are not only some of the best single cam bows ever made they are some of the best bows ever built regardless of cam design. I cut my teeth on an Outback and have owned two Switchbacks over the years. They set up a little different than a dual cam bow because they have different vertical nock travel. The only con is that single cam bows; specifically Mathews, are notorious for having a soft back wall. You will always get a better back wall with a dual cam bow with double stops. I loved both of my Switchbacks, they stacked up a pile of animals for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X