No announcement yet.

Barndominium Build - Deep East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m going to do closed cell in my shop soon, do you think 1” was enough? I have a lot of guys quoting at least 1.5”? Most of them have told me I need at least 2” which I know to be bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by WesTex1 View Post
      I’m going to do closed cell in my shop soon, do you think 1” was enough? I have a lot of guys quoting at least 1.5”? Most of them have told me I need at least 2” which I know to be bs

I believe 1” is plenty for a shop but I’m sure 1.5” would be better. It’s hard to say on my end because my shop doors are roll up and not panel style. Therefore I have a gap at the top that lets the heat and Cold in. But it’s a lot cooler in the summer for sure. It makes the building a lot more rigid feeling that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WesTex1 View Post

I’m no expert but according to my builder, it supposedly takes at least 1.5” closed cell to act as a true moisture/vapor barrier.
        I would definitely use 2” of closed cell...at least in the roof. It will obviously help with regard to the R value and temperature standpoint as well. We went with 2” closed cell in the roof and 1” on the walls of my shop.

Comment

Thank y’all for the info

Comment

I haven’t posted in a while....works been busyI got the wife talked into to selling the house in town and moving into the shop house full time for around a year or two until we build a house out here.

Our thoughts are to sell our house in town and sit on the money until lumber gets back to somewhat normal and then build.

Also.....we have our first baby on the way and due late September so we might be cramped in 800 sq ft but I keep telling her it will be worth it when we build!

I finally got grass to grow...renting a no till drill and planting Bermuda in a couple weeks for a good perennial cover

Got the garden tilled up and ready to plant

Comment

Greening up and looking great Cory! Sure some pretty dirt and land. Congrats on the baby!

Comment

Looks awesome CS! And congratulations on the We One on the way!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Great thread, great build! Thanks for sharing!
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Nice place.

Comment

You have a beautiful place and from the pics you put allot of time into it.

Comment

Question and sorry if I missed this. Did you put anything down on top of crushed concrete for your driveway and lean-to area? If not has dust been a problem tracking into shop and house?

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                          Looks awesome CS! And congratulations on the We One on the way!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                          Thank you! I can’t wait to have a little fella I can teach everything I know to!

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                          You have a beautiful place and from the pics you put allot of time into it.

Indeed I have and thank you

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          Greening up and looking great Cory! Sure some pretty dirt and land. Congrats on the baby!

Thanks man it’s still a work in progress but it’s turning out how I envisioned!

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                          Question and sorry if I missed this. Did you put anything down on top of crushed concrete for your driveway and lean-to area? If not has dust been a problem tracking into shop and house?

The dust is a problem. We are going to finish concrete all the way under both lean tos this year

Originally posted by lawdawg View Post
                          Nice place.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
                            I haven’t posted in a while....works been busyI got the wife talked into to selling the house in town and moving into the shop house full time for around a year or two until we build a house out here.

Our thoughts are to sell our house in town and sit on the money until lumber gets back to somewhat normal and then build.

Also.....we have our first baby on the way and due late September so we might be cramped in 800 sq ft but I keep telling her it will be worth it when we build!

I finally got grass to grow...renting a no till drill and planting Bermuda in a couple weeks for a good perennial cover

Got the garden tilled up and ready to plant

You'll be surprised at how big that 800 sq ft is. My wife and I are living in 800 sq ft and building our house right now. As long as you can get outside and stretch your legs, you'll realize all you do is sleep in the apt.

If I can make one friendly suggestion to you. Install a tv outside in shop where you can put a couch and some kind of recliner to unwind and watch a little tv. We did and it makes a world of difference.

BTW, place is looking great

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
                              Thank you! I can’t wait to have a little fella I can teach everything I know to!

Indeed I have and thank you

Thanks man it’s still a work in progress but it’s turning out how I envisioned!

The dust is a problem. We are going to finish concrete all the way under both lean tos this year

Thank you

Interesting. Trying to decide what to do about paving our place and a friend warned me that dust will be a problem and we will eventually wind up wanting to finish with asphalt or concrete. I wasn’t planning on it though...[emoji52]. Thanks.

Comment

Congrats on the place and the little one. Honestly Until they can walk, 800SF is plenty of space! Babies don’t take up a lot of space.....but all their crap does! And now you have a big pretty yard for him to go run around In.

Comment

Working...
                                X