No announcement yet.

New Orleans, what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My apologies. I wasn’t paying attention to the dates and sent the info to the original poster (from 2012!) who, at this point, would probably suggest a straight jacket as a permanent addition to my outerwear.

PM on its way.

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse but this one needs beating. Go to the WWII museum. Best museum I have ever been too. It was so good that we decided to go back a second day and do the thing all the way through. Allow plenty of time for this.

If you are looking to splurge for dinner get the chargrilled oysters from GW Fins. One of the best dishes I have ever had it will blow you away.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
        Just got back from a conference in NO on Thursday.

On the plus side - the city is cleaner than ever before.

But it’s dead, dead, DEAD.

That idiot mayor LaToya the Destroyer has completely wrecked that economy.
        Now that there is a new sheriff in the big house, the major cities should start opening soon

Comment

All this and not one recommendation for lafittes blacksmith shop bar or boondog saint bar...

Comment

I'm here at the Doubletree on Canal Street now. French quarter is a ghost town. Restaurants are empty and stores are closed. Sad.

Comment

It's off the beaten path but the best seafood I've ever had in the NOLA area is Seither's in Harahan. It's a small little place you could easily miss but is outstanding.

Comment

Anyone been to New Orleans lately? We are contemplating a summer trip, I was curious if things are back up and running close to normal again

Comment

Not back to normal but much better than it has been.

Comment

Go tour the Garden District.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                      I'm here at the Doubletree on Canal Street now. French quarter is a ghost town. Restaurants are empty and stores are closed. Sad.
                      How is traffic at The Penthouse Club?

Comment

Latoya the Destroya is keeping it closed

Comment

Was there a few weeks ago working at the port. There were people out about in the Garden District. Not crowders but not a ghost was actually pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was there end of March and its shutdown. First time ever been in hotel room between 9 to 10 PM when In Nola. Many restaurants closed in Nola or close at 9PM. Bars open till 11PM.

Comment

Just remember that you got your shoes on your feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                                Anyone been to New Orleans lately? We are contemplating a summer trip, I was curious if things are back up and running close to normal again
                                It's the new normal. Bars are supposed to be open till 1am, but the Mayor likes to set an example with the bars. Restaurants are open and doing well. Masks are mandated every where. Crime is doing the best. Shootings and car jacking are a rate never seen before. I live on the out skirts of NO, if we go out to eat there, it's early and I'm carrying. And would not be in the Quarter at night time. Rant over.

Comment

Working...
                                X