MeatEater series ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
    The hunting collective is pretty good too.

This episode is about a bear attack that happen to the hunter they’re interviewing.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=1000426761283

Right on. Thanks!

Skinny

Comment

I spent most of the hunting season listening to all the old Meateater podcasts. Awesome dude and group of people.

FYI for those that were asking about NY. He said he had lived there back in the day. He actually just moved back to Bozeman I believe which is where the production company's Western US headquarters are a now.

Additionally since we are recommending new podcasts, I would also listen to Rinella's affiliate Mark Kenyon - Wired to Hunt. It's pretty much all about whitetail hunting. And Mark is on a few episodes of the TV show and will be on the 2019 season as well.

Comment

I've watched all of them on Netflix.
        I checked out a few of his books St the library. Didn't care much for the buffalo book(don't remember the exact name) very educational and well written but was slow for me. I really enjoyed meat eater. Full of short hunting stories. Look forward to reading the others as well as the cookbooks

Comment

Ok I’ve been hammering out the podcasts...is there anything this guy doesn’t know? Is there a book he hasn’t read? Is there a quirky quote he does not know? Lol.

How in the hell does this guy seem to know anything and everything about anything and everything? [emoji23]

Skinny

Comment

I certainly understand the following that Rinella has gotten. I've seen several episodes on the show, and have been tempted to pick up his cookbook.

But then I found out about him selling controlling interest TO a company that donates money to anti-gun lobbying. I find it kinda hard to swallow.

Generally speaking I leave political issues out of such decisions, but this just kinda sticks in my crawl so to speak...
            Last edited by Davoh; 01-21-2019, 08:07 AM. Reason: such a small word with such a different meaning...

Comment

Originally posted by Davoh View Post
              But then I found out about him selling controlling interest TO a company that donates money to anti-gun lobbying.
              What company?

Comment

Originally posted by Davoh View Post
                I certainly understand the following that Rinella has gotten. I've seen several episodes on the show, and have been tempted to pick up his cookbook.

But then I found out about him selling controlling interest TO a company that donates money to anti-gun lobbying. I find it kinda hard to swallow.

Generally speaking I leave political issues out of such decisions, but this just kinda sticks in my crawl so to speak...
                you can listen to his response to that here

In an audio statement, Steven Rinella addresses questions about the direction of MeatEater, Inc., the company’s creative freedom and the Second Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post

http://www.themeateater.com/hunt/fir...-meateater-inc
                  Thanks. Generally speaking, it's reassuring knowing a gun owner and 2nd Amendment supporter like Rinella is in a position where he can influence someone on the other side of the 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Thanks. Generally speaking, it's reassuring knowing a gun owner and 2nd Amendment supporter like Rinella is in a position where he can influence someone on the other side of the 2nd Amendment.
                    yep, I am sure he has swayed way more people to our side than a lot of others.

Comment

It's one of the few I like

Comment

Yep, he's had WAY more positive influence on hunting and gun ownership than any keyboard warrior type has and ever will have.

Comment

http://www.themeateater.com/hunt/fir...-meateater-inc
                          I can appreciate his passion. But him defending his product by saying they can't interfere with it, doesn't change where the money goes.

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          No doubt there. I like Rinella, and have liked his product.

What I do not like: {a portion of} Money to his company, goes to support anti-gun lobbies.

No amount of "but they can't change us!" will change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            Ok I’ve been hammering out the podcasts...is there anything this guy doesn’t know? Is there a book he hasn’t read? Is there a quirky quote he does not know? Lol.

How in the hell does this guy seem to know anything and everything about anything and everything? [emoji23]

Skinny
                            Agreed. I can't remember what I ordered for lunch two hours ago and Rinella can quote an entire book he read when he was 8 years old.

Comment

I believe he did live in Brooklyn, moved to Seattle and now back to Bozeman. I believe his wife works for amazon and was probably the main bread winner until his writing, shows and podcasts took off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Directv had most of the series on demand last time i looked at it a week ago .

Comment

Working...
                                X