Electrical parts shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical parts shortage

I'm currently trying to run power on my land in Wise County. Just finished a shop build and will eventually build a house. Wise County Co-Op called yesterday and said they have no meter bases and no idea when they will get any. Could be months according to him. He suggested if I go buy my own it would be fine. But after calling all electrical supply places in North Texas, nobody has one due to a Nationwide shortage. Very frustrating. Anybody have a line on a double lug 320amp meter base?

Ive an unused base on my power pole. Ill check and see rating. Worse comes to worse Ill give it to you to get you down the road. Its doing me no use.

Comment

Maybe I'll look when I get home.

Comment

I work for an electrical distributor. It is extremely frustrating right now. It’s not just meterbases….it’s everything. Milbank (the brand we typically sell) is 26-30wks out on the 320A.

Comment

Originally posted by ktex View Post
          I work for an electrical distributor. It is extremely frustrating right now. It’s not just meterbases….it’s everything. Milbank (the brand we typically sell) is 26-30wks out on the 320A.

Frustrating is putting it mildly……
          Lead times are through the roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think this is likely underrated for your needs and I cant find anything giving specs. Someone on here probably knows right off the bat.
            Attached Files

Comment

^^^
              That's a 200 amp can.

They are hard to come by right now.

Comment

You might try calling an electrical contractor instead of an electrical supply and see if they are willing to sell you one? I have an electrical contractor at my place now and he is replacing my meter can with a new one and he didn't appear to have any issues getting his hands on one.

Comment

Well…I tried to do a good deed for the day.

Id call someplace where the economy sucks…like Youngstown Ohio…where the building of new homes isnt happening at breakneck speed. Bite the bullet on freight.

Good luck MrSunset.

Comment

Maybe build a 200 amp service now,.....then switch to a 320 amp later.

Comment

Do you need a "ringed" or "ringless" base?

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                        You might try calling an electrical contractor instead of an electrical supply and see if they are willing to sell you one? I have an electrical contractor at my place now and he is replacing my meter can with a new one and he didn't appear to have any issues getting his hands on one.
                        I am an electrical contractor and we have plenty 200 amp cans, but not 320 cans.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          I am an electrical contractor and we have plenty 200 amp cans, but not 320 cans.
                          That makes sense. Mine is a 200A.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is 1 single phase at Elliott Electric in Stephenville both Elliott’s in Fort Worth have 3 phase units.

Comment

PVC bends backordered
                              Secondary Pedestals Backordered
                              Some sizes PVC conduit Backordered
                              Poly Foam Backordered

It going to get worse before it gets better. We still got over 3 years of Biden pulling for us!!

Comment

Working...
                              X