No announcement yet.

End of the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a gentlman on here, Bob Lee who had an epic thread i will never forget. Life changing for me. His days were numbered and he knew it. The rest of us had no clue as to this wild post. He said "There is a day when you stop looking forward and start looking back". He passed away not long after the thread. I really believe there is a day when mentally...you are done.

Comment

When you realize the buzzards aren’t circling the deer JK

I really believe that you stop killing when it is no longer fun. But please be a steward for the sport and take some youth out if possible.

Comment

When legal shooting light is past.

Comment

When you either physically can't or you just don't want to, it's time to stop.

Comment

I rarely have the urge to kill deer anymore. I do enjoy spending time taking my son hunting though. Most days you’ll find me at camp with one of my 4 other kids. I also enjoy going with my dad. I just like being at camp and hearing the stories, skinning deer and cooking. I guess I can’t answer your question directly, but if it ain’t fun anymore that’s when I’ll quit going. I have a 3 year old son so it’ll be a while for me and I’m 40.

Comment

You’re gonna have to ask somebody older than me……

I don’t take much pleasure in killing deer, but to eat ‘em, they have to die, and I love to eat ‘em.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I do believe that Chew has the correct answer on this. Hope all is well Bobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  You wouldn’t be a sayin that iffin you was from East Texas.

Comment

Had a conversation with my hunting buddy the other day while at his lease about this subject. I find the drive or hunger for opening day has dwindled over the years. I have always hunted public land because I refused to pay for the high costs of a lease, cannot justify the price. It’s getting harder to hunt public land physically, maybe this is the reason for the loss of interest I don’t know. I do know that getting a photo of a truly wild buck (no feeders) is just as exciting as harvesting one to me lately.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      You never stop hunting. But you may just stop killing.
                      Well said! I think I am at this point now. I just like being close to animals and outdoors. Hanging out with my friends. My grandson has taken over most of the shootin.

Comment

That time will come when I physically cannot. That time could come soon or many years from now, who knows.. Until then I will continue to enjoy it to its fullest because hunting is just who I am.

Comment

Years ago I started still hunting/exploring on large areas of public land. Enjoyed it and still do
                          . At 70, I can't imagine me dragging a buck 2 miles out. I will shoot a hog, but no real interest in deer. Squirrels and rabbits are another thing.

Comment

I am a bowhunter. It's who I am. It's not a hobby, or a lifestyle choice or a sport. I hope before I'm physically unable to God takes me home.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think it's a "wake up one morning and it's all over" type of thing.
                              I think it kinda sets in slowly.
                              In time you're more interested in the kids hunting and being successful.
                              The next thing is one day the kill isn't so important and just the time and the chase is the enjoyment.
                              And so it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                                You never stop hunting. But you may just stop killing.
                                I fall in this category.
                                My Dad was the perfect example. There were very few weekends he missed a hunting trip, even when he couldn’t walk 20 yards without stopping to rest. He loved the hunt and knowing he could have killed, he just let them walk. Hoping one of his kids or grandkids would have the opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X