Why in East Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why in East Texas?

The Hostile Lease Member thread has me wondering why in the hell do leases in East Texas do it that way����
    1)Why do the put 50 guns w 5 kids apiece and aunts,uncle’s and cousins on one lease membership on 3000 acres?
    2)What do they call the ranch manager the lease President?
    3)Do new members get the worst spot and have to build up deer lease cred to get one of the better 60 acres?
    4)Why are East Texas deer are said to be big bodied deer when most wont dress over a buck 30?
    5)Where can I get the $69 lease and what do you get for that $69?����������
    Last edited by crowmagnum; 09-20-2021, 05:41 PM. Reason: Needed more smiles for my E Tex friends✌️

With Pope & Young status you will get most of those things questions answered.

Comment

Can’t answer much of that but for $69, you’re easily set up for a rabid beaver encounter.

Comment

lmao

Comment

All valid questions.

The 40 memberships and everyone in the whole family can hunt has always made me scratch my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone experienced in East TX and NE TX hunting once described a less than memorable hunt on public land decades ago. This person went with his relative to rifle hunt deer on opening morning. He said that when the first thing resembling a deer stepped out into the open in the light, an eruption of gunfire rang out from numerous positions. He and his relative promptly ended that hunt and immediately left for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
              Can’t answer much of that but for $69, you’re easily set up for a rabid beaver encounter.
              I don’t think you could even get a peek at one for $69 in DFW these days but just maybe find a deep E Texas Woolibooger for penny’s on the dollar😎Big bodied too!🤪

Comment

Not all ET leases are like that.

Some produce deer that rival anywhere in the state.

If you can consistently kill big deer in ET then you can kill deer anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                  With Pope & Young status you will get most of those things questions answered.
                  Hey!I am almost there but I am a mature 8 w all kinds of kickers😎

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                    The Hostile Lease Member thread has me wondering why in the hell do leases in East Texas do it that way🤪😎
                    1)Why do the put 50 guns w 5 kids apiece and aunts,uncle’s and cousins on one lease membership on 3000 acres?
                    3)Do new members get the worst spot and have to build up deer lease cred to get one of the better 60 acres?
                    4)Why are East Texas deer are said to be big bodied deer when most wont dress over a buck 30?
                    5)Where can I get the $69 lease and what do you get for that $69?
                    You just keep believing that. There are no big deer in East Texas. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                      Not all ET leases are like that.

Some produce deer that rival anywhere in the state.

If you can consistently kill big deer in ET then you can kill deer anywhere
                      All valid answers. I would add, what’s it to ya ?

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                        The Hostile Lease Member thread has me wondering why in the hell do leases in East Texas do it that way🤪😎
                        5)Where can I get the $69 lease and what do you get for that $69?
                        1. The way you curtail that is friends and family shoot off your allotment.
                        2. Timber company land is not a ranch.
                        3. Many new members are too lazy to scout out their own areas. They depend on a friend or family member on the place to help them out.
                        4. It’s all about age and nutrition. Bucks have to be a minimum of 4.5 y o on our E Tx lease. Maybe you shouldn’t put everyone in the same category. I have seen big 150’s, 160’s, and 170’s come off our club.

5. Exaggerate much?

Comment

I tell ya what when I was new to searching for my first place and came across a $500 "hunting club" in East Texas, I got pretty excited. I forget the acreage and exact headcount, but very similar to what is being described. I think everyone got about 25 acres to hunt. I, being very green and new to hunting, didn't know if that was a lot or if I needed more... after some consulting I decided that was a pretty awful deal.

It was confirmed when the 30+ members only took 2 deer the entire season the previous year. I will probably never consider anything in East Texas outside of a few public hunting opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaMountain View Post
                            Someone experienced in East TX and NE TX hunting once described a less than memorable hunt on public land decades ago. This person went with his relative to rifle hunt deer on opening morning. He said that when the first thing resembling a deer stepped out into the open in the light, an eruption of gunfire rang out from numerous positions. He and his relative promptly ended that hunt and immediately left for good.
                            You are absolutely right! Just keep spreading the word‼️ 👍😊

Comment

Big deer in Texas are yearlings in Ia and MI [emoji56]

Comment

Working...
                              X