Brisket on Tregaer how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket on Tregaer how to

Wanting to cook a brisket on my traegar tonight, never done it before and needing some advice on how to. Whats turned out great for y’all?

Just did a 20 lb prime friday night, set it to 250 and put it on about 10 pm. It was done around 12 the next day. There is a warm setting on mine, so i just set it to warm and took it off around 4. Turned out great

Comment

Should’ve started it earlier… but I usually do mine on my pellet smoker 225 until internal temp is 160 then wrap in the pink butcher paper and put it back on until it’s about 200-205 then wrap in a old towel and let it sit in a cooler for a couple of hours. Seasonings will be different for everyone’s taste salt and pepper is the tried and true sole people inject I’ve tried comes out fine either way. I like mine a little sweeter I use a rub that has salt pepper garlic onion and a little brown sugar.

Comment

I hope you are using a different pellet than Traeger brand. My one and only attempt with their pellets was terrible. I was cooking two beer butt chickens and there wasnt any smoke to speak of on them. The rest of the bag went in the trash.

Comment

I do 180 until it hits IT of 160 then wrap in butchers papers, turn the T up to 225 until it gets 202 IT. If I am in a hurry, I will turn it up to 250. But this takes me 16 hours total after I include resting in a yeti.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            I hope you are using a different pellet than Traeger brand. My one and only attempt with their pellets was terrible. I was cooking two beer butt chickens and there wasnt any smoke to speak of on them. The rest of the bag went in the trash.
            Just checked and I’m almost completely out, believe it’s some off brand from the El Campo Coop. What’s a good pellet to use for a brisket? Probably run down to TSC

Comment

Thanks guys for the responses keep them coming

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                I do 180 until it hits IT of 160 then wrap in butchers papers, turn the T up to 225 until it gets 202 IT. If I am in a hurry, I will turn it up to 250. But this takes me 16 hours total after I include resting in a yeti.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
                18 hours if not using Yeti......

Comment

I hear B&B makes pellets. Try them if you can find them.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                    Just checked and I’m almost completely out, believe it’s some off brand from the El Campo Coop. What’s a good pellet to use for a brisket? Probably run down to TSC
                    TSC sell black mountain. It’s a decent pellet.
                    I like Lumberjack hickory the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      I like Lumberjack pellets also. I use the competition blend which is a mixture of hickory, maple, and cherry. Atwoods carries the Lumberjack pellets.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post

Southerlands sell pellets in EC

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          Hopefully they have some, thanks

Comment

Lumberjack is my go to. Ive used Bear Mountain as well.

Comment

Fat side down on a pellet smoker.

Comment

Working...
                              X