4 hours in…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
    We are home now.Pneumonia is what they are thinking but couldn’t confirm it. We go to the doc in the morning. They basically forgot she was there until I called and wanted to know what was going on. Thanks to everyone for the prayers. This Covid stuffs no good I can tell you that. Prayers to all .
    Did they give her any medication or treatment at all or just say go to the doc?

Comment

Glad you all made it home. Praying she feels better soon.

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad experience the wait can be ridiculous right now. Especially if you’re at a trauma facility and you’re stable. You should be seen by a nurse quick and triaged. Get the ball rolling and if ok it’s gonna be a while but labs,CT, X-ray etc can all be done from the lobby to speed it up. Most of our discharge patients never get back right now. They get worked up and discharged from the lobby
        Hospitals are just plain full with COVID. No where to move the admitted patients from the ER. Patients are staying in the ER for days rights now waiting for a bed. The ones that get better may be discharged from the ER and never even make it upstairs after a few days. Some of those folks are on a stretcher in hallways for days at a time not even in a room. Unfortunately some are even in a normal waiting room chair or a recliner in a hall because there’s not enough room for stretchers so you can fit more people if you put them in chairs. There are literally rooms of admitted patients in the ER that have multiple admitted patients waiting on a room needing and getting serious treatment all just hanging out together in what used to be a single occupancy now 5 isn’t uncommon. It doesn’t make it right but that’s the situation we’re in. People are in the lobby with timers next to their stickers in the back to know when to go change them out to a new oxygen tank because they truly need it. It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen. We need multiple emergency pop up field hospitals. It’s down right dangerous the flow of people that truly need care for the amount of beds there are.
        I hope your wife recovers quickly
        Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 08-29-2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
          We are home now.Pneumonia is what they are thinking but couldn’t confirm it. We go to the doc in the morning. They basically forgot she was there until I called and wanted to know what was going on. Thanks to everyone for the prayers. This Covid stuffs no good I can tell you that. Prayers to all .
          I feel for you and your wife. I can’t imagine the fear and frustrations y’all are felling right now. Sending prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            You’ve hit the nail on the head. The nursing and med tech shortage in this country is truly a crisis. Can’t believe we don’t hear more about on the news.
            We need more nurses yesterday. They did allow Texas to get nurses through FEMA but it’s not enough and a lot of them left already once they realized how bad the ratios of patients to nurse was and just said it’s not worth the money. (And it’s good money coming for these emergency jobs that were created)

Comment

Man. I’m so sorry to,hear this! This is NOT a time to need medical attention for anything. Super sad as people are still going to have heart attacks, car accidents etc and with no place to put them they are going to suffer needlessly. Prayers up for you and your wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Praying for your wife sir.

Comment

Praying for your wife.

Comment

I hope all works out.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      Did they give her any medication or treatment at all or just say go to the doc?
                      Curious as well

Comment

My wife works in the e r for at least 16 years now. They are doing the best they can. You wife isn’t intentionally being ignored. Do ya think they’d would arbitrarily put your wife in the bathroom for ****s and grins? These nurses are exhausted, including my wife. And they do care and pray for their patients. If your wife’s s having difficulty breathing get off the phone and pray for her and the hospital staff.

Comment

Working...
                        X