No announcement yet.

What fixed blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G5 Striker X 100gr. Scary sharp blades and 1 1/4 in. diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
      For me, QAD Exodus 100gr., 537gr. TAW. (Easton Hexx 260 shaft at 30", 125gr. Ethics insert/outsert, Nockturnal) Can't make myself try something else when these are performing phenomenally. There are numerous great heads out there and almost all will do the job. QAD, Muzzy, G5, Magnus, Slick Trick, Grim Reaper, etc... I think the main things when choosing a broadhead are:

1. Proper arrow flight
      2. SHARP SHARP SHARP

Outside of those things, you will be fine. I would put down that they need to be well built, but most fixed blade broadheads of a reputable brand will hold up to most of the abuse we could put them through. Choose a head that flies well out of your set up and that is/can become crazy sharp.
      This guy knows his stuff^^ I run practically the same set up but I'm shooting magnus black hornets and total weight of 507ish

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a BIG fan of QAD Exodus. I’ve shot a many of fixed heads over the years and tried these out this past season. Wont be switching anytime soon after what I’ve experienced!

Comment

Originally posted by DJames View Post
          I recently went to the Iron Will broadhead and have been very pleased. Running the 125S.
          Do you guys chunk those Iron Wills at pigs and coons? I'd be thinking dang hard about sending one of those are anything but a buck with the cost of them.

Comment

German Kinetic (both standard and XL)

150gr

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

German kinetic here also. I am concerned they may not be making the XXL 175 any more though. They haven’t been on there web sight for a long time now.

Comment

100gr Thunderheads

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                  100gr Thunderheads

DJ
                  x2...

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                    I’m a BIG fan of QAD Exodus. I’ve shot a many of fixed heads over the years and tried these out this past season. Wont be switching anytime soon after what I’ve experienced!
                    X2, 530gr total weight, they zip thru so fast the deer dont even know what happened

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                      100gr Thunderheads

DJ

I miss shooting those. They changed up the ubar on them and I couldn’t get them to work anymore.

Comment

Rocky Mountain Titanium’s 100gr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

125 gr 3 blade woodsman. flies like field points and whizzes threw everything I shoot.

Comment

German Kinetic 150gr XL....I've shot deer, elk, bear, hogs, and some African game and they work flawlessly. I got 12 of them about 4 years ago and am still using them. I just sharpen them every year and go back to hunting.

Comment

Anyone had a chance to try the new Slick Trick SS3 yet? Looks interesting. For me, I have a hard time leaving Slick Tricks, they just fly like darts.

Comment

easton trad shaft with 3 feather left helix with 50 gn brass insert up front and then iron will 175 up front finishes in 530s. works all my stickbows and my compound

Comment

Working...
                                X