Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    I think you aint alone in the stressed department.

I have had some field service guys stop by the house today and they have no work at all, these fellas work on rental equipment. We all have the stressed look today.

Yeah we haul rental equipment and it’s dead. Having to hit the load boards. Crazy stuff going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Dangit, if they cut that deep then I don't have a prayer of a chance at collecting my old debt from them.....
      They settled up their debts with me pretty quickly once it was brought to their attention.

There seems to have been some struggle with the transition to Vectr Tech and how the billing/accounting worked there for a while.

I hope you do get what you're owed, AR has become the hot topic issue around my office and there are already some customers just saying "send me to collections"

Comment

I know near nothing of the oil business. Reading this thread is quite eye opening to say the least! I'm just shocked at how fast the layoffs and pay cuts got thrown down on folks.

In contrast, we have iron ore mining with strong unions here. When they shut down they get taken care of like you can't believe with extra unemployment, free re-training programs, etc.

Good luck to all of you folks.

Comment

It was pointed out the other day that this is one of the few economic downturns in this country that wasn't led by a crash in the mining industry. They are still going wide open here.

Comment

[quote=bboswell;14791054]
            Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Yep and yep. Sha was definitely a shock for me, but he’ll land on his feet somewhere.

Dangit, if they cut that deep then I don't have a prayer of a chance at collecting my old debt from them.....
            Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
            They settled up their debts with me pretty quickly once it was brought to their attention.

There seems to have been some struggle with the transition to Vectr Tech and how the billing/accounting worked there for a while.

I hope you do get what you're owed, AR has become the hot topic issue around my office and there are already some customers just saying "send me to collections"
            Is this (technically) for Accel, Vectr or DF?
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Well add me to the list of those looking for a new gig. SLB decided to shut our doors completely this morning. Sucks but it what it is. Maybe this is the time it get out of the patch completely. Been a fun ride for the last 6 years I can say that for sure. Stay safe and healthy out the boys!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                Well add me to the list of those looking for a new gig. SLB decided to shut our doors completely this morning. Sucks but it what it is. Maybe this is the time it get out of the patch completely. Been a fun ride for the last 6 years I can say that for sure. Stay safe and healthy out the boys!!!!
                Hope you find something soon whether it’s in or out.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  Hope you find something soon whether it’s in or out.
                  Thanks man. I do too. Take a day or two to let them mind slow down then hit it full force.

Comment

Dang man, I hate to hear it! Hope you find something good, quick.

Comment

SLB decided to shut our doors completely this morning.
                      Is that for the frac office in San Antonio?

Comment

Your an electrician right?

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                          Is that for the frac office in San Antonio?
                          No sir. An artificial lift shop in Jourdanton. Actually closed all of the gas lift shops in the US.
                          Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                          Your an electrician right?
                          Not really. I have my EPA/Universal License plus had my apprentice electrician license years ago. I’ve been strictly O&G for the last 6 years but would still do some side work to keep up my skill set.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                            I'm still offshore, but was told today when we crewchange on Wednesday, all personnel who live outside Louisiana are going to be furloughed indefinitely. Thing is, I live only 4 hours from office and have driven to work my entire 10 years. I dont know how they justify that.
                            Drilling company or 3rd party if you don’t mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by 2good2Btru View Post
                              Drilling company or 3rd party if you don’t mind me asking?
                              I work on the offshore supply vessels running equipment, mud, cement, barite etc to the offshore platforms. I'm a Chief Engineer on one of the vessels.

Comment

By the grace of the good lord, I am removing my name from this list. Had a competitor reach out to me on Friday evening when they heard I was on the market. Emailed my resume on Monday at 9, phone interview around 10. Was asked to come to Houston to tour facility and meet a couple guys, gladly accepted that invite and was made an offer on the spot. Not losing anything so of course I will be accepting the position. Paperwork has been filed and I hope to be back in the patch next week Wednesday as my official start date!!!

I can say this, we will never know why things happen the way they do but the man upstairs has a grasp on us all. Trust in him and you will be just fine.
                                Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 04-08-2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X