X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never remember mine!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I take a small dose of melatonin occasionally if I've gone through a stretch of not sleeping well. It really knocks me out - I will often wake up in the same position I was in when I fell asleep - very unusual for me. (usually toss and turn) Like others, I have found it causes me to have very vivid dreams. I read up on it and most sleep researchers say it is because melatonin lets you fall into a deeper REM sleep which is characterized by higher levels of brain wave activity including dreams. When I wake up after taking it I often have to sit on the edge of the bed for a minute until I can sort out what is reality and what was a dream.
      Working shift work I take Melatonin often and therefore I dream A LOT.
      To the point of I wake up having traveled and experienced a lot of stuff while I was in bed.

The weird thing is where I'll figure out something I'm dealing with in a dream and wake up with the answer. Those are kinda cool.

A dream I had the other day had to do with going to a high school reunion-
      I have never gone to one and hadn't heard the word mentioned in a while nor has it crossed my mind. This year will be our 30th reunion.
      A dream about a reunion, on a reunion year that happens once a decade. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
        I never remember mine!
        Neither do I. I had a friend that always had vivid uhhh physical dreams. I was always jealous I dont have them!

Comment

I usually have weird dreams when I have something sweet just before bed like ice cream. I had not thought about melatonin until I read some of the previous posts but agree that does it also.

Comment

I usually dont remember my dreams, but this one I do remember and I dont know why. Had a dream I was at the deer lease. Cows came to the feeder. A calf and a cow got lined up and I shot one and thru the other. 2 for 1 shot. Both fell dead. (I shoot an obsession, wasnt surprised!) I remember thinking in the dream, holy $#!+, why did you do that? You cant shoot a cow. Thats just wrong. How are you gonna cover this up? Wth are you gonna do? Then two more cows came in and I shot them too! Now I'm thinking omg, wth? This ain't good. This aint right. I'm in deep chit. And then I woke up.

Comment

Too much peyote!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I hate talking about dreams. It gives me flashbacks.

About 4 years ago I dreamed that I ate a giant marshmallow.

When I woke up, my son (an albino) was missing.

He was never found.
                Every once in a while I worry about you....................This is one of those times.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                  Every once in a while I worry about you....................This is one of those times.
                  Thank you. My wife will be glad to know that she has company!

Comment

Strange dreams

I keep having this weird dream that this is what Bigthicket boy looks like nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Black Ice; 02-11-2020, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Mine are always violent, but I'm also always the good guy in the white hat.

Comment

I have been a sleepwalker since I was a little kid. Many, many sleepwalking stories.

Also have some cool/weird/funny dreams.

One of my favorites; I had joined a cult and moved out into the forest. There were fruits and vegetables growing all around us but we were not allowed to eat them. We could only eat bark off the trees. We all wore loin cloths. And Will Ferrell was our leader.

And no - I don't do any kind of drugs or shrooms. And Mt. Dew is the strongest thing I drink.

Comment

I have a reocurring dream of a whole harem of the most beautiful women you've ever seen throwing themselves at me and telling me that I am the most wonderful lover they have ever known. Wonder what that means?

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                            Years ago I was listening to the radio and some 'dream guru' was on the program. He was basically saying that every dream means something; that your subconscious or God are trying to tell you something.
                            I don't remember all the different things he mentioned (like the forgetting your school locker combination dream, etc.), but I remember he said that anytime you dream of talking on the phone, it is God telling you something.
                            He had some pretty hair brained stuff, but it was interesting.
                            I hate to think that some of the weird stuff I've dreamed had any meaning.
                            How did God communicate before phones?

Comment

PTSD and bad and weird dreams are a real thing. Like a peanut butter and jelly sammich. The shrinks have told me that PTSD is the main reason for me not being able to sleep. 50% of my 90% VA disability rating is due to PTSD and bad dreams. It's not just every now and then, it's every night. I wake up every hour or two and have trouble getting the weird thoughts out of my head. On the lighter side, every once in a while I will have a pleasant dream but even then I get woke up somebody telling me to stop poking her with that thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X