No announcement yet.

Ozonics doesn’t work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take every precaution as mentioned above. However, I have seen mature bucks circle down wind with the ozonics on and not bust me. The held their noses in the air and knew something was wrong but just couldn’t figure it out. Ozonics is not a guarantee success ticket but I really think it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
      You know I thought back to it. Didn’t do the wash. Didn’t take a shower before I went out. The wind was ok but not great. The boots I put on had were right from the closet. So mostly my fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you figured it out [emoji1360]

Comment

Should've used the HECs suit to totally disappear too

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
          Using a Ozonics to mask your smell will work if you keep the wind in your face when you hunt...

Lol

Comment

What nobody tells you is that ozone has its own smell! It is strong enough for the human nose to smell so...
            Also ozone molecules and human scent molecules weight pretty much the same so if it’s windy it doesn’t have time to kill the human odor or other orders before its blown down wind. I personally know some guys that have done extensive research on the subject and all come to the same conclusion.
            I haven’t done the research myself but I trust their judgment

Comment

Ever think that maybe you just smell more than others???

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                I love the "just hunt the wind" guys. I've had deer come in this morning from all directions. The feeder is south of the blind and I have a NNW wind. Yet I haven't been busted once.
                I'm glad some of you have the deer trained to come and go on a given route. We however have not been diligent enough to train ours that well.

Gary
                ... so how big was that mature deer you killed downwind from you?

And just because you feel the wind blowing from a direction or an app says it is... DONT MEAN @&$*. Until you have checked thermals and currents. Wind powder and vapor will tell you what scent is doing at a range a human can smell

Comment

Can you smell the ozone when you turn it on? It may be that the Ozone generating bulb went out. You should see a bright blueish purple light and small ozone if it is working.

Otherwise, you had something that smelled more than the ozone can cover.

Eat an apple when you get to the stand to cover the smell of your breath. Believe it or not that is one of the stronger scents that cause deer to alarm.

Comment

When they are set up correctly, they work well. I have had deer under 5 yards directly downwind multiple times and have not been busted. I have been busted several times without it so I am not special.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                      Using a Ozonics to mask your smell will work if you keep the wind in your face when you hunt...
                      Nice! Yeah in this scenario I’ve heard of people even turning them off because they work so well!

Comment

I am not a scientist either. But I do know we left a pair of kenetrek hard scrabble boots in one of the ozone clothes things along with other clothing and they basically fell apart in a little over a year. So we started looking into it and found ozone brakes down rubber, and is not recommended as being healthy for your lungs. I don’t know if the ozonics ( which we were using also) introduced a different type of ozone ( I don’t think there are different types) and after seeing what happened to the boots and other things we stopped using them. We did not notice an obvious reduction in spooked animals. We still had to play the wind. And even now I have had animals that were surly down wind and figured would take off any second and they didn’t. Hit and miss either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          ... so how big was that mature deer you killed downwind from you?

And just because you feel the wind blowing from a direction or an app says it is... DONT MEAN @&$*. Until you have checked thermals and currents. Wind powder and vapor will tell you what scent is doing at a range a human can smell
                          No $&it sherlock. I was born at night but it was a lot of nights ago. And there have been a few. And I use a piece of floss hanging off a branch or the bow and the powder. But, I also know that no scent control is 100% or foolproof. But if you use good products, do not compromise your system and use the wind as much as possible you can beat the odds more often than not.
                          I do not use an ozone generator for hunting. I do use one to deodorize my work truck. Sweaty men can ripen it up quick in the summer.

Gary

Comment

I’m still on the fence about it. I’ve seen evidence that is works in trials with scent detection dogs and I’ve certainly had deer walk 5-10 yards downwind of me while it was running and never check up.
                            But this makes 3 sits in a row wheee I’ve been busted by multiple deer with the Ozonics running. And, no, I’m not hunting the wrong wind for the stand although it does seem to be swirling a bit this evening.
                            I just changed the position of it so we will see if that helps. So far nothing has come in ��
                            Last edited by Sika; 10-28-2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                              Ever think that maybe you just smell more than others???

I just always thought my wife was a liar. [emoji16]

Comment

As long as you're breathing, you won't be scent-free. Ozonics or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X