Lost land/lease....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost land/lease....

Whelp... my wife's family finally has an offer on their place in Hamilton County.... We had to go this past weekend and get "everything" we wanted off the 750 acres. Hate to see it go but it's not mine and I had no say in the decision making process. It has been in their family since just after the civil War.....Add me to the "looking for a lease" list.... the 750 acres is being sub-divided into ranch'ettes.

awww man hate to hear that !

Comment

Hate to hear you lost the place. Hate seeing those ranchettes. More broken habitat.

Comment

Alot of places here in western Grayson County getting split up for houses, before long will be solid all the way to Oklahoma

Comment

Sucks

Comment

Sorry dude...

Comment

the way they are with estate taxes it's almost impossible to keep land in the family. they sell it to developers who break them up to maximize $$$

Comment

Dang sorry to hear that. State gets more splintered every day.... ugh..

Comment

Hate to hear that. More Ranch’etts for the Californians to buy.

Comment

This happened to me about 5 years ago, and it kills me everytime I drive by there

Comment

Been there.

Like others, I hate seeing these bigger places get split up. Don't see that letting up anytime soon either.

Comment

Loosing my 1600 acres lease this year but just put in an offer on 257 acres of my own...

Comment

Originally posted by Dracen knights View Post
                          Loosing my 1600 acres lease this year but just put in an offer on 257 acres of my own...
                          Congrats & hope it works out!

Comment

With land prices the way they are up my way it would be impossible to buy land and expect it to pay for itself in any fashion other than appreciation and selling smaller parcels at higher per acre prices. No way a Bermuda pasture will pay for itself at $16,000 per acre which is what the 24 next to me went for and adjoining 24 is still for sale at that.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                              the way they are with estate taxes it's almost impossible to keep land in the family. they sell it to developers who break them up to maximize $$$
                              I thought estate taxes didn’t kick in until $11.7 million. Am l wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X